Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joeblow00 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2016, 07:22 PM
    Moss on asphalt roof
    I have read that moss can damage or shorten the life of an ashpahlt shingle.what if its just small patches of moss here and there on a roof will that hurt anything?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2016, 09:42 PM
    The problem is that it can build up on the edges of the shingle and raise it. Then water can get underneath. If you search " removing moss from a roof" you will find suggestions. You may want to trim back tree branches to allow more sun on the roof. If you can get copper or zinc sulfate, a dilute solution of the crystals in water, sprayed on the moss, will kill it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you paint roof asphalt shingles [ 10 Answers ]

We had a new porch added on front of house (8x6). The roofing shingles they put on are to light compared to the house. Can the new ones be painted darker, so they will blend better with the house roof?

Moss on roof [ 2 Answers ]

What's a good home remedy for moss / mold on a shingle roof

Moss on roof [ 1 Answers ]

There is moss growing on a shaded area of the asphalt shingles of my unattached garage. I have heard of a solution that can be mixed that when applied not only cleans the moss off the shingles, but also inhibits it's growth in the future.Does anyone have the recipe?

Asphalt roof [ 4 Answers ]

I have a flat asphalt roof and a branch fell and made a 2x4 ' whole can anyone give me same advice how to fix it Thanks

Steel Roof Over Asphalt? [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to replace the roof on my house, I do have some ice dam problems from time to time. The old roof is flat, shingles are in good shape so its mainly for aesthetics that I am changing. I am interested in installing a steel roof, this I have not done before. Is it possible to install a...

View more questions Search