Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,106, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #21

    Dec 9, 2016, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You are on welfare aren't you earl? Its pretty obvious you are out of touch with MOST of America. Don't pay your fair share of taxes And generally have no clue what going on outside your own town? Conservatives who voted for Trump are sick of paying your share of the taxes, for your welfare, for YOUR food stamps... and are generally sick and tierd of listening to your side whine and complain they aren't getting enough free stuff that THEY who have actual jobs.. have to pay for. And most of them, unlike most liberals DO pay their own bills from their own income they actually worked to earn and didn't come as a free check once a month.

    And we are REALLY sick and tired of the total BS the liberal press thinks everyone is stupid enough to believe..
    Does that means you conservatives don't mind paying Trumps fair share of taxes?
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member
     
    #22

    Dec 9, 2016, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Does that means you conservatives don't mind paying Trumps fair share of taxes?
    Trump pays his, he's not part of the 47% who pay zero federal income tax... what effective percentage bracket are you in?

    This disproves all of the Democrats claims about who actually pays what.

    Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2015 Update | Tax Foundation
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member
     
    #23

    Dec 10, 2016, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Trump pays his, he's not part of the 47% who pay zero federal income tax...
    Hello again, smoothy:

    Trump pays ZERO taxes. Don't you know how a loss carry forward works??? You DON'T, of course... I do.. Bummer for you..

    excon
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,106, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #24

    Dec 10, 2016, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, smoothy:

    Trump pays ZERO taxes. Don't you know how a loss carry forward works??? You DON'T, of course... I do.. Bummer for you..

    excon
    Well said!!

    what effective percentage bracket are you in?
    The one that doesn't need a high priced CPA to figure out. I also pay my taxes as I go check by check like you do!!

    This disproves all of the Democrats claims about who actually pays what.

    Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2015 Update | Tax Foundation
    I doubt you can read or understand the data you linked, and I know you cannot apply it to reality, so it only proves you don't have a clue what you are talking about regarding the subject of this debate which is "Who controls the distribution of wealth and resources in America?"!
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member
     
    #25

    Dec 10, 2016, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Well said!!



    The one that doesn't need a high priced CPA to figure out. I also pay my taxes as I go check by check like you do!!



    I doubt you can read or understand the data you linked, and I know you cannot apply it to reality, so it only proves you don't have a clue what you are talking about regarding the subject of this debate which is "Who controls the distribution of wealth and resources in America?"!
    It does prove that the 47% who do the whining don't contribute even a few percent to the total. Because they don't think they get enough Free stuff those of us who do pay taxes have to pay for.

    It also proves the very group vilified by the left pays the lions share of all taxes.

    Do you want fair.. then everyone will pay the same percentage of their household income to federal taxes. EVERYONE. You earn more you pay more you earn less you pay less but everyone pays the SAME percentage.

    Bet you don't like that because you know your taxes will go up.

    CPA does my taxes....CPA did my taxes when I was in college working part time...CPA has always done my taxes.

    There is also ZERO proof anywhere that trump pays no income taxes.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,848, Reputation: 5428
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #26

    Dec 10, 2016, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    .There is also ZERO proof anywhere that trump pays no income taxes.
    He bragged he hasn't paid taxes and said that makes him SMART.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,741, Reputation: 341
    Ultra Member
     
    #27

    Dec 10, 2016, 02:20 PM
    WG ;like Trump's word is proof of anything .
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member
     
    #28

    Dec 10, 2016, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He bragged he hasn't paid taxes and said that makes him SMART.
    And you haven't ever stretched the truth when talking with anyone about anything? We ALL have.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,106, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #29

    Dec 10, 2016, 03:03 PM
    I sure wouldn't trust completely a guy who stretched the truth a lot, and would surely endeavor and insist his words be VERIFIED by close scrutiny.

    Just saying!
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member
     
    #30

    Dec 10, 2016, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I sure wouldn't trust completely a guy who stretched the truth a lot, and would surely endeavor and insist his words be VERIFIED by close scrutiny.

    Just saying!
    And yet you and other Democrats blindly believe Hillary who is known as a liar world wide... and has been caught in so many lies its not even funny.

    In fact show me an honest person who has never lied...or rarely lies....would be easier to do ANYTHING else.

    Remember Rose Law firm, Whitewater, Filegate, Travelgate, Benghazigate, EmailGate, and the LONG list of dead people linked with opposing the Clintons over the decades. So Hillary is somehow more credible than say....PeeWee Herman?

    I don't even blindly believe the Pope....

    And a career politician is far less credible than someone who hasn't spent their entire lives telling lies to keep getting reelected their entire adult lives.

    Career politicians are liars by profession.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,106, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #31

    Dec 10, 2016, 05:17 PM
    Hate to break this to you old friend but Hillary LOST! Trump is the new prez and I can see you aren't ready to accept that and move on. NOOOOO! You rather keep yapping about the past!

    Try to keep up!
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #32

    Dec 10, 2016, 06:25 PM
    Trump will be the next president, and no matter how much many of us hate it, and are scared, it's fact, so really, get over it and hope for the best, because the only other option you have to get rid of him is assassination, and I doubt and hope that none of you would go that far. But griping about all the things you hate, ya it doesn't matter to anyone but you.

    Focus on more important things. This last two months my husbands Aunt who I love and have known for 26 years, is dying, in hospital with cancer, Trump being the US president, won't have any effect on that, especially because I'm not in the US. A good friend had a horrific car accident and I set up a fund raiser for her to get her home because she had the accident in a province she doesn't live in, I doubt Trump could name 5 Canadian provinces. A friend from high school who I've kept in contact with, who is a good friend, his dad walked out of his house two and a half weeks ago, and hasn't been seen or heard from since. He's missing, outside (because otherwise he'd have been found) in -26C weather. At this point we're hoping his body will be found in the spring. Oh, to top it all off my Uncle died yesterday, but who other than me and my family cares about that? Who other than American citizens cares about your political woes?

    Ya, those things only matter to me, but the presidency of the US is the same, it only matters to Americans, It's done, and no matter how much you gripe about it, no matter how many videos or tweets or news clips you show, Trump is president, and there's nothing you can do about it. So just shut up about it already, wait 2 years (Ya, I know he'll be president for at least 4, but your next campaign for a new pres will be in 2 years, and boy the rest of the world really loves to see all the political crap you people post 2 years before an actual election (NOT!)

    Ya, you have a right to be upset, the whole world, and believe it or not, the US is not the whole world, not even the biggest part of the world, and not that important to anyone that lives outside the US, is worried because this man could make decisions that sadly effect everyone. But other countries have their own government, and if you think they'll just cow tow to The US, well, you're wrong. You all really aren't as important as you think you are.

    Really, get over it, get over yourselves. It's just the US, and the US isn't the world. You're really not as important as you all think you are. So the majority elected an idiot for President. Deal with it, and in 4 years elect someone else.

    Do we see Canadian politics on this site? No. Why? Because Canadians don't need the entire world to get involved. Maybe you should all follow suit.
    earl237's Avatar
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57
    Senior Member
     
    #33

    Dec 10, 2016, 08:38 PM
    Unfortunately the US does affect the whole world. Look how badly Dubya ruined the economy and destabilized the middle east by invading Iraq. I'm hoping that Trump wasn't really serious about starting a trade war with China or pulling out of NAFTA but that could have major consequences for the Canadian and world economy. His views on climate change could also seriously damage the environment and reverse a lot of progress.
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,704, Reputation: 171
    Ultra Member
     
    #34

    Dec 10, 2016, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Unfortunately the US does affect the whole world. Look how badly Dubya ruined the economy and destabilized the middle east by invading Iraq. I'm hoping that Trump wasn't really serious about starting a trade war with China or pulling out of NAFTA but that could have major consequences for the Canadian and world economy. His views on climate change could also seriously damage the environment and reverse a lot of progress.
    If nothing else Dump is a realist, he will excel in the art of the possible
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,741, Reputation: 341
    Ultra Member
     
    #35

    Dec 11, 2016, 02:34 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:

    Trump pays ZERO taxes. Don't you know how a loss carry forward works??? You DON'T, of course... I do.. Bummer for you..

    excon
    He bragged he hasn't paid taxes and said that makes him SMART.
    The only tax return I know of is his 1995 return that the Slimes leaked . So we don't know if he paid no taxes in any other year .The return shows a loss of $916 million . Trump had several business failures in the 1990s, including four bankruptcies involving ; Taj Mahal (1991); Trump Castle (1992); Trump Plaza & Casino (1992); and Plaza Hotel (1994). Trump lost control of Trump Shuttle (an airline ) in 1991 after missing an interest payment. So those losses are very plausible .What we don't know is how many of these losses were renegotiated ie. reducing or cancelling the debt. In those cases the loss carried forward would not apply .

    It is speculated that he could carry that loss over for 20 years . But that is all it is .....speculation. The reason they say 20 years is because that is as long as the law allows . He may have carried the losses over for that time ,or he could've carried the loss over for a shorter period. We don't know because we have not seen any other return. Actually I don't even remember seeing the 1995 returns ;except for what the Slimes decided to release.

    Yes he said in the debate he was smart .Rudy called him a genius . But if he is ,then 70% of business owners in the country are also geniuses . A GAO report last year reported that 70% of businesses paid no corporate taxes ;and 20% of “profitable” companies had no tax liability. They claimed a net operating loss deduction resulting in a zero tax liability.

    In 2012, out of 1.6 million corporate tax returns, only 51% were returns that had positive “net incomes,” and only 32% were returns that had positive “incomes subject to tax.”

    NOL deductions is a good thing .That is why it has been in the tax laws since 1918 It has been tweaked a few times . It originally allowed the carry forward a few years . The latest version of the law was passed by Bubba Clinton in 1997 .It allows companies ; to get out of the hole of accumulated losses before the government can start claiming its share of the company’s income. Utilizing NOL isn't evidence of tax evasion . It is evidence of a company being 'smart '. Why would you pay more taxes than you have to pay ? That would be an irresponsible act that says you are not doing due diligence for your shareholders .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Trump goes full Lib on maternity leave .Make American liberal again . [ 13 Answers ]

The phony is going to unveil a maternity leave policy tonight that guarantees 6 weeks paid leave for new mothers . Trump’s plan would allow families to deduct child care expenses, up to the average cost of child-care in their states, from their income taxes. People making above $250,000 would be...

Plants make plans... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all! I recently read a paper that mentioned a species of apple trees that can plan up to two years in advance. If I recall correctly, the planning refers to the tree's growth. The paper seemed like it would be really interesting, but I didn't get a chance to read it. The problem is I can't seem...

Can landlord make renovations to the house I am renting? He plans on selling after. [ 5 Answers ]

My landlord plans of selling the house we are renting when the lease is up in July. He told us that a contractor will be making renovations on the inside of the house, installing doors and clostes while we are still living in it. It is very inconvenient for us to have strangers disrupting our lives...

I hear there are plans to make a move about Clark Gable. Who should portray him? [ 9 Answers ]

Clark Gable is probably the finest actor in movie history. If there is a movie about his life, who should portray him?

Should I contact the number and try and make payment plans [ 9 Answers ]

The paper I received looks like a court document but it's from the Debt collector because I called the number on the paper which is a law office. When you call it says that they are by law requierd to mention that they are a Debt collection agency. Now the paper says I have to show up in 20 if the...


View more questions Search