Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenna5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2016, 08:54 AM
    What is the difference between a non profit or a profit foundation!
    I'm looking to start a company for celebral palsy to raise money and help people. I just would like to know the difference between non profit and profit foundation. Thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 8, 2016, 10:05 AM
    If you are in the US, go to irs.gov and find the 501c3 section (most common type of not for profit), including the application.
    If approved, you are exempt from taxation on money you raise and use for salaries, equipment, rent, utilities ---- and actual use as charitable funds.
    These days it isn't easy to get approved all on your own. You need a board of directors and so on. Many little 501c3's start under the sponsorship of an established 501c3.

If you are a for profit company, you are taxed if you make a profit.

There are many books on these subjects so there's no point to rewrite them here.

https://www.usa.gov/start-nonprofit
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2016, 04:27 PM
    The name alone should give you hints. Not every non profit is great, many CEO's have bled them by high salaries. Look at the salaries of the "non profit" Clinton Foundation.
    Chelsea Clinton's Annual Salary, Stock and Options

Salary and Bonus
    Stock Awards
    Option Awards

$50,000
    $249,936
    -

Chelsea Clinton's Insider Transactions

Last 3 years

Option Exercised
    Stock Sold
    New Equity Grants

-
    $499,890

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding the difference in profit and loss [ 3 Answers ]

If company A has a profit of 86,000 and company B has a loss of 19,000 what's the difference?

Can I receive donations and resale as a profit with out being a non-profit business. [ 1 Answers ]

Im planning on opening a thrift store, my question is can I receive donations and resale for A profit with out being a non-profit business.

The profit maximizin outputand maximum amount of profit [ 1 Answers ]

a single product firm operating ina perfectly competitive markethas the following total cost function: C= Q³- 5/2 Q²+2Q+5 given that market price per unit of output Rs. 10.00 find the firm's profit function?

View more questions Search