Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sblack2016 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2016, 10:36 PM
    Does she like me?
    I was working at Chick-fil-a tonight and the girl that I happen to like also worked tonight. We had a good conversation and we were laughing a lot. She was also talking to one of the other coworkers and she happened to be looking at me I made eye contact with her a couple of times and she didn't look away she just kept staring. I eventually broke the eye contact cause there was a customer. We also ended up touching hands and she didn't see bothered about it. While we were doing dishes together I told her that I didn't work tomorrow and she was like "Bummer cause I work tomorrow." I guess what I want to know is that if she likes me or is interested in me and also what I should do about it. Because I really like her I just don't know if she likes me.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2016, 12:23 AM
    Only she knows for sure if she's interested in you, we have no way to know. She definitely sounds like she likes you, at least as a friend, but not sure based on what you wrote whether it's a romantic interest.

Why not ask her to go out for coffee after work one night. See what she says. That's really the only way to find out if someone is interested.

Good luck.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 8, 2016, 07:15 AM
    Be careful with work relationships. If she isn't interested, don't bother her again as it can be viewed as sexual harassment. Make sure you review your company's sexual harassment policy. Sorry to have to bring this up, but it is the law.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 8, 2016, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sblack2016 View Post
    I was working at Chick-fil-a tonight and the girl that I happen to like also worked tonight. We had a good conversation and we were laughing a lot. She was also talking to one of the other coworkers and she happened to be looking at me I made eye contact with her a couple of times and she didn't look away she just kept staring. I eventually broke the eue contact cause there was a customer. We also ended up touching hands and she didn't see bothered about it. While we were doing dishes together I told her that I didn't work tomorrow and she was like "Bummer cause I work tomorrow." I guess what I want to know is that if she likes me or is interested in me and also what I should do about it. Because I really like her I just don't know if she likes me.
    The best way to know is to ask. Talk to her. If it isn't mutual then you've got a good friend at work. Don't be butt hurt about it. Playing the "Does he/she like me? He was starting and smiling..." type of games is really juvenile. Ask her, straight up and quit with the guess work.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2016, 08:43 AM
    Safe to say she doesn't hate you, but how deep her interest goes is for YOU to find out, and trust me that's half the thrill of being attracted to someone.

I think the simple act of asking for a girls number is the most revealing thing a guy can do to best figures out how he approaches and deals with those attractions, especially considering you work together.

How old are you both? That's a big factor in any suggestions anyone could make. You really don't seem to know much about her, or even if she is available for you to pursue so obviously you haven't engaged in much conversation, or done nothing to follow up on that eye contact stuff.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 8, 2016, 09:49 AM
    Sounds to me like she is wondering if YOU like HER.
    My suggestion: go through the rest of your life wondering. The pain isn't worth it.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 19, 2016, 06:09 PM
    Just keep talking to her to get to know her better. As you get to know each other better, you'll have a better idea how you really feel about each other.

Because right now you only know each other on the surface.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search