Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jandhwelte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2016, 07:33 PM
    Garage door openers don't work in winter
    Hello, our Overhead Door openers don't work well or at all in the winter. We've replaced the batteries. They work when we are inside the garage... but not from the outside. The colder the weather the less they seem to work.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 7, 2016, 04:14 PM
    Try using Lithium batteries, they hold their power much better in cold weather

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do the transistors in garage door openers do? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the function of the transistors in garage door openers?

How to synchronize remotes for garage door openers [ 1 Answers ]

I have two remotes for my garage door opener. When I synchronize one remote, the other one doesn't work. Then I synchronize the second one, then the first one doesn't work. How can I synchronize both of them?

Garage door openers not working over 5 ft away? [ 1 Answers ]

Both my garage door openers will not operate the door unless they are right in front of it. New batteries in remote did not help. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Garage door openers conflicts with each other [ 1 Answers ]

I have one Sears garage door opener and one Overhead door opener. The Overhead remote will periodically will open the Sears door. I have reset both openers by pressing and holding the learn button for up to 60 seconds. I have unplugged the Sears, pressed the learn button on the Overheard...

BOTH garage door openers quit working [ 4 Answers ]

The remotes used to work but we've only been renting here 8 weeks. They worked for a couple weeks and then just quit. You can open the door using the button inside the garage but neither of the remotes will open or close the door at all now. We have changed the batteries so that's not the problem. ...

View more questions Search