Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbyoscar77 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2016, 06:41 PM
    My kitten cries every time I leave the room that she is in
    My kitten cries or meows loudly every time I leave the room after petting her, feeding her, playing with her (etc.). One time on her kitty condo in my room she was sleeping on her bed and I was petting her and as soon as I got up to go to the bathroom and shut the door she automatically just started meowing. She is a Siamese tabby and I know when they aren't spayed or neutered they are loud but my kitten is only 4 months so she can't be going into heat yet? By the way she does get to walk around the house.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 6, 2016, 10:13 PM
    My cat follows me everywhere and is always meowing. I've always owned a cat. Some are quiet, while others are noisy. Mine also follows me into the bathroom. It all sounds normal to me. Has your kitten been to the vet for a checkup?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 6, 2016, 10:24 PM
    Meowing is normal, that's what cats do. Some cats are more vocal than others, and some cats like to be with their humans more than others. Sounds like your kitten really likes having you around, and wants you to know that she doesn't like it when you leave her. All perfectly normal behavior.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 7, 2016, 04:59 AM
    I have a young Siamese and have found the meowing is their nature and goes away a bit when adulthood reached. Normal for Siamese, not other cats.
    abbyoscar77 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2016, 12:51 PM
    Yes she has been to the vet and checked for worms, gotten vaccinated, etc.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2016, 04:13 PM
    In December 1994, a probably Abyssinian cat, six months old, chose me at the local cat shelter and insisted I adopt him. Which I did. He had already been named Thomas Jefferson (had been born on the 4th of July), so I kept that name.

He followed me everywhere around the house and always stuck his nose into whatever I was doing. I'd go to the bathroom and shut the door, but before long, I'd hear "thud" "thud" "thud" as he threw his little body against the closed door. I'd of course open the door to let him in, and he'd give me an exasperated look as if to say, "Why did you shut me out?" I'd cook supper and he was nearby. I'd read the newspaper and he pretended to be a paperweight. I'd wash dishes and he watched me to make sure I did that correctly.

Oh, and he always had something to say. I could have written a dictionary of his vocal noises and tones and yowls and meows, each different, depending on what he wanted to say.

I'm guessing your kitten is like my Thomas was, always wanting to be with you and watch/supervise what you're doing.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 8, 2016, 07:20 AM
    My cat is adopted from the animal shelter. He's not Siamese, just a tabby. He is a meower. He follows us everywhere. Luckily we adopted him because he is a clumsy guy. He knocks things over and breaks objects often. That may not work for everyone, but he is adorable and noisy, but he is ours!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 8, 2016, 10:26 AM
    My Siamese clhoe I have only had for about a couple of months. I rescued her from a hoarder's house where she was being kept caged I paid the man $20 and brought her home. She is a handful. Completely un socialized and probably next month will have all vaccinations and spaying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog cries and howls from when I leave till I get back [ 17 Answers ]

My pup is 6 month old collie x he gets 3x 30 min walks a day however when I leave him alone he howles and cries from when I leave till I get back I leave him in his cage with toys chews longs with treats and the radio on and nothing amuses him. Toys treats and chews are left untouched when I get...

Best way to leave a married man who cries every time you tell him its over [ 4 Answers ]

Best way to leave a married man who cries every time you tell him its over: he always claims that he cannot live without me but I really want to move on

When should I leave my kitten alone outside [ 10 Answers ]

Two weeks ago I intoroduced my ginger kitten, Ruby to the great outdoors! She's 5 months old and has had all her jabs. She's also due to be spayed at the beginning of March. While I've accompanied her outside in the garden she's started venturing further (much to my panic at first!! ) and I'm...

My dog cries when I leave, even if my husband is home. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog cries when I leave, even if my husband is home. He howls and carries on and then wonders around the entire time I am gone. I thought dogs only did this for attention or when no one was home. But no matter what my husband does, he won't stop. Do you have any tips on how we can fix this?

Puppy whines and cries all the time [ 1 Answers ]

Hi We have a 6 week old chihuahua, and I have had puppies in the past but never have I had one that no matter what he cries, you hold him he cries put him down he cries,wrap him up he cries no matter what, My sister in law has his sister she is very playful and doesn't do that, DO I just have a...

View more questions Search