Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakedawgs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Brayant 80t furnace, 'Limit or flame rollout switch is open"?
    HI, I am new here and am having a furnace problem. As a new homeowner I would like to take a look at this myself before just grabbing the phone books.
    I have a Bryant 80t furnace. Built in 2000 and has been serviced every other year. Unit is clean and in good shape.
    Woke up to a cold house and discovered a 3/3 error on the furnace, 'Limit or flame rollout switch is open'. Fan just runs and blows cold air. Changed air filter, although old one was clean (changed every month or so).
    I see the limit switch to the center left side of unit with 2 red wires. Unit has auto igniting pilot. Is the tall upside down U shaped piece of metal to the right side the auto igniter?
    I noticed that when I leave the unit off for an hour or so and turn it back on the indicater light is starting the 3/3 blinking error code before the fan is fully up to speed. Don't know if that means anything.
    All looks clean with no dust.
    Any ideas or suggestions to help isolate or fix the problem would be most appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lakedawgs
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 04:43 PM
    If you have a roll out or vent limit switch trip you have to manually reset them. Small button center of the limit, push it down it should reset it. The new question is why did it trip?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Led says open limit switch [ 9 Answers ]

I'm sorry but I don't know what brand of furnace I have. so here's the problem... a couple of days ago I noticed my furnace was blowing cold air so I went to check to see if the pilot was out... well I have and automatic ignitor. So I carefully followed the instructions for resetting the furnace....

Open Limit Switch on B18099-13. Help! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a furnace with the B18099-13 control board. The fan blows constantly whenever power is applied. The status LED on the control board indicates "OPEN LIMIT SWITCH" Where are the two limit switches located? On board or off? Are there any tricks, quick-fixes, or "band-aids" for this...

Open limit switch on Concord Gas Furnace [ 14 Answers ]

I have a Concord 80 Plus Gas Furnace. I am starting the furnace for the winter and it gives me a LED code of open limit switch or limit switch circuit. Everything seems to work fine up until the point where the blower needs to turn on. I had the same problem last year but got a tech to fix it. I am...

Furnace is blinking 4 times saying open limit switch [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is blinking 4 times indicating that the furnace has an open limit switch. I changed the switch and it is still blinking 4 times indicating the same thing. What else could be wrong or what can I do to fix this problem? ITS COLD!!

Furnace "burner limit circuit open", How to fix? [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace in my vacant rental property does not light. The blower runs but the igniter never glows and the gas valve does not open. The LED blinks once which means the burner limit circuit is open. How do I replace the burner limit circuit? Inside the furnace cover I found the electronic...

View more questions Search