Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nhdann03 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2016, 09:06 AM
    Where can I buy necklace of silver from northspain? l
    I'm looking for a necklace as a gift that matches the description from the song "Brandy, You're a Fine Girl." The line goes like this: "Brandy wears a braided chain/Made of finest silver from the North of Spain."

I'm think they mean silver mined from the "Ruta de la Plata" (Silver Route).

Google turns up little. Any ideas?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2016, 09:19 AM
    You are being too picky reading through Google offerings. There is lots there about silver from Spain. I just googled. Silver is my favourite and do have a silver chain as you describe. You are going to have to do your homework through sites but truthfully many fine jewellery stores have a wide selection of silver chains to buy.

Dec 2, 2016, 09:53 AM
    Thanks for the reply! So you're saying if I just look into the offerings of silver chains that are there on Google, I'll find some that are marked as from northern Spain? Could you provide some links of what you've found? Only rarely do I shopped for jewelry, and almost never have I shopped for jewelry online, so I apologize for asking for such remedial instruction.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 2, 2016, 10:52 AM
    You will search a long time to find one from northern Spain specifically, with most fine jewelry made in Italy.
    Ask this ebay seller:
    Sterling Silver Necklace Herringbone Braided Tri-Color | eBay
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2016, 11:39 AM
    I question the quality and origin of items on Ebay or Amazon... its really no different than Alibaba. You only have their word. Good luck proving it or even returning it if you later find out its not exactly as claimed.

I buy things online knowing they might be conterfit or of dubious origins. I save the Jewlery for local stores who can stand behind their sales you can go back to.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 2, 2016, 12:02 PM
    smoothy, I have been selling on ebay for years. And buying.
    I chose a seller who sells nothing but silver jewelry and has close to 300,000 good feedback.
    The prices are just right, the seller is in the US, the descriptions are detailed.

Plus, in general, you have 45 days to get a full refund.

You just have to know how to shop. Do you think amazon checks the quality of what they sell as a clearinghouse for other sellers? Not on your life.
    It's the same technique on both sites.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2016, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nhdann03 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! So you're saying if I just look into the offerings of silver chains that are there on Google, I'll find some that are marked as from northern Spain? Could you provide some links of what you've found? Only rarely do I shopped for jewelry, and almost never have I shopped for jewelry online, so I apologize for asking for such remedial instruction.
    I can't provide links from my iPad but I am suggesting shopping in hi end
    Jewellery stores to find what you want. Tel them what you want. I never shop on line.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2016, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    smoothy, I have been selling on ebay for years. And buying.
    I chose a seller who sells nothing but silver jewelry and has close to 300,000 good feedback.
    The prices are just right, the seller is in the US, the descriptions are detailed.

Plus, in general, you have 45 days to get a full refund.

You just have to know how to shop. Do you think amazon checks the quality of what they sell as a clearinghouse for other sellers? Not on your life.
    It's the same technique on both sites.
    Good you have found a place you can absolutely trust. I don't doubt there are good places out there, but there is a lot of fake stuff out there on eBay too, and I've been burned more often by established sellers with good feedback than newer sellers.

Dec 4, 2016, 05:49 PM
    Thanks! That's what I was thinking, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does P-22 stamped on solid silver 925 necklace mean [ 0 Answers ]

I have a silver necklace that is stamped on clasp with P-22,925 and Mexico. What does the P-22 mean. Necklace weighs 77.9 Grams

Where to buy scrap silver wholesale? [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy scrap silver online?

View more questions Search