Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Poker bob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2016, 07:53 PM
    How can I get copies of bank statement from 2002 from Bank of America.
    I am trying to get old bank statement from 2002 from BOA.
    My mom passed away in September 2002 The last statement I have is from August 2002 showing a balance. It was a joint account with me.
    I never closed the account and I'm trying to find out what BOA did with the funds. The state said they never received any unclaimed money from the bank

Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2016, 10:34 PM
    Not going to happen. That's 14 years ago. with bank fees unless it was a significant amount...what was there was eaten up by fees, though the account would have been long since been considered abandoned by any bank. Something should have been done then.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 2, 2016, 06:42 AM
    I assume you have contacted BoA customer service, correct? Sometimes banks can provide old bank statements for a fee, though 14 years is a bit much. Regarding researching the state's unclaimed funds database - did you search using both your mother's name and your own name?

For others who may have a similar issue, here is a link to use to access the missing funds databases for all states: https://www.unclaimed.org/

One other thought: at the time of her passing the executor of her estate should have gone through the process of retitling her assets in accordance with her will, or in this case in accordance with bank policy for joint accounts. In this case a copy of the death certificate would have been required to transfer the account into your name. I suggest you contact the executor to see if he/she has any records on this. The executor may also have filed away final bank statements as part of the probate process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copies of 2007 2008 bank statements [ 4 Answers ]

Copies of 2007 2008 bank statements from Wachovia need important

I have the same problem. I need copies of bank statement from Comerica Bank. [ 1 Answers ]

They told me they destroy after 7 years. I need copies of checks written in 2003 & 2004. Is there any on microfilm or digital somewhere?

Copies of old bank statements [ 9 Answers ]

How do I get copies of old bank and credit card statements? I need from 1996 to 2008 and what can they charge for this?

The bank statement contained two bank memoranda:? [ 0 Answers ]

Prepare a bank reconciliation and adjusting entries from detailed data. (SO 5), AP The bank portion of the bank reconciliation for Horsman Company at October 31, 2012, is shown here and on the next page. HORSMAN COMPANY Bank Reconciliation October 31, 2012 Cash balance per bank $12,367.90...

Bank of America Overpayment [ 3 Answers ]

Apologies in advance for long post. So my story is I gave notice rather abruptly at Bank of America when I worked in their customer service dept. I'm not 100% positive of the date but I believe it was May 23rd of this year. Anyway, my last paycheck from them was a full check which surprised me....

View more questions Search