Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhatchetjones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2016, 07:56 AM
    Non profit accounting
    How to book restricted or temp restricted funding

How should I book restricted and unrestricted funds?Then release when spending is accomplished
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2016, 09:32 PM
    Restricted funds create a liability until spent for the specific purpose therefore you would credit them to an account such as Unexpended Grants in the current liabilities

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Profit planning managerial accounting! Help please! [ 1 Answers ]

The balance sheet of Phototec, Inc. a distributor of photographic supplies, as of May 31 is given below: Phototec, Inc. Balance Sheet May 31 Assets

Accounting Problem in regards to profit. PLEASE HELP! [ 0 Answers ]

I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track for this question The information along with the question is as follows: Training Revenue (200 x 20 x $300) $1,200,000 Less Expenses: Trainer costs (200 x 2 x $1500) 600,000 ...

Not-for-profit accounting [ 1 Answers ]

A city engages in the following transactions seen below. For each transaction indicate the amount of revenue or expenditure that it should report in 2011. Assume first that the main objective of the financial statements is to enable users to assess budgetary compliance. Then calculate the amounts,...

Not for Profit Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

I have just started working with a not for profit organization to help get the accounting in better shape. I have only a rudimentary knowledge of accounting but have the time and educational experience to come up to speed eventually. The paid workers in our organization are actually employees...

View more questions Search