Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louisa 9999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2016, 01:43 PM
    Is thwn rated at 600V both ac and dc?
    Installing a solar system panels to power optimezers combined string out put is less than 500v dc Is thwn rated for dc?
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2016, 05:48 AM
    Conductors and cables have the voltage rating printed on the cable. Many conductors
    are listed for 600 Volts. AC or DC...
    If you are installing solar panels there are a lot of code requirements and good practices that should be observed.
    If your not sure, hiring a professional is advised...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

#4 THHN/THWN In Conduit Above Ground [ 6 Answers ]

I believe understand-- to whatever degree ---how over the years, something unsuspected happens, that is potentially dangerous or actually hurt someone or property, with electrical, that causes the existence of codes and the changing of the codes over the years. I'm trying to avoid digging 18 ...

Is THHN and THWN wire rated for cable tray use? If not what wire should be used? [ 6 Answers ]

Is THHN and THWN wire rated for cable tray use? If not what wire should be used in cable tray in utility chase for apartment building?

Thhn/thwn? [ 3 Answers ]

I have my cable from my satellite dish enclosed in 1 1/2" pvc under my sidewalk. Now I would like to install 3 post lights along the same sidewalk and would like to run the electrical wire in the same pvc. Is there an electrical wire that won't disrupt or interfere with my satellite cable signal?...

Thhn/Thwn Wire [ 3 Answers ]

What's the difference in THHN/THWN besides the W for wet locations. Are these one in the same wire? I see it advertised as such. Sometimes with and with out the THWN part. Just really curious about this M

View more questions Search