Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DuePro2016 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2016, 09:22 AM
    How to record total invoices in Quickbooks after billing in another program
    I invoice through one software program and track payments of each invoice under each client in that program but use Quickbooks Pro for everything else. I have been duplicating each invoice and payment in QBs but no longer want to do that. I want to record the total $$ amount invoiced each week to Quickbooks under my Income Account and post daily cash deposits against that total instead of double entering everything in both programs.

1. How do I record the weekly invoice Total in Qbs? I believe it is with a Journal Entry but unsure.
    2. When I receive payments each day how do I enter them in QBs and set which bank account I deposited them too. I currently use Receive Payments under Customers but will not be applying to customers any longer.

Sorry if now explaining this well.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2016, 09:36 PM
    You would use a journal entry to Credit Sales and Debit Trade Debtors. When you receive funds you use the register function to debit the Bank Account/cash and Credit Trade Debtors

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need example creating a journal entry for an internal service fund to record billing [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone provide an example for billing to a department services in which a partial remittance has been issued? Example: Billed $10,000 for gasoline and received $5,000 with a balance due of $5,000

Quickbooks Premier 2011 - Materials for billing [ 0 Answers ]

I work for a small electrical engineering/automation company that also works with computers/IT, both for commercial and residential clients. We don't really currently have a physical inventory for either division, as parts are usually ordered on a per-project basis. For many clients, we use the...

Regerstation fot Total Recipe Search program. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to register for the Total Recipe Search program but I been having trouble getting registered. Ever time I try, I get the response back, either my emaill address or my password is not correct. I just want to get registered.

Record DVR program onto DVD [ 5 Answers ]

I have recorded some Stand up commedy on my comcast dvr, and now I want to record it on to a DVD, but it keeps stopping, saying I cannot record copy protected material. How do I get around this... Thanks Thomas

View more questions Search