Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seanscarface Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2016, 01:18 AM
    Dirty fish tank and open wounds
    I just cleaned a fish tank with a dead fish in it and I have open wounds on my hands and now arm is tingling
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 24, 2016, 01:45 AM
    Do you have a question ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 25, 2016, 12:30 AM
    If you are concerned that you may have gotten an infection then you need to see a doctor. Sadly no one can diagnose online, not even a doctor.

Take a sample of the water in the tank (if you have a sample of the water you removed), when you see your doctor. If there is an infection then testing that water will help determine what it is and how to treat it.

It is always best not to come in contact with the water in a fish tank when cleaning it. If you cannot avoid contact, wear rubber gloves.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 25, 2016, 06:04 AM
    Alty is correct. For the same reason children should be allowed to handle turtles, or anything similar, without wearing gloves. They carry diseases we could not even contemplate, including salmonella poisoning.

If you can give it some thought, use your common sense, and realize what would be in that old dirty water; fecal matter and rotten food from the fish that were in it. And of course organic matter from the dead fish.

If you had open wounds at the time of coming in contact with the water, you stand a good chance of having a serious infection that would be quite contagious and you should go to a walk in clinic, or see your doctor immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Fish Would You recommend I Buy For My Cichlid Fish Tank? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 26 gallon cichlid fish tank. I am looking to buy more fish. So far I have 2 red blood parrot fish, 1 black knife fish, and 2 snails. I know I can't have many fish since cichlids are territorial, but what fish would you recommend to buy? Thanks!

Dog gets open wounds with maggots [ 5 Answers ]

Muggets problem in dogs Hi guys ,even my dog got muggets due to a dog attack on him and I took him to the vet immediately.But as I had an interaction with the docter he told me to follow certain steps in case of muggets which I would like to share with all of you. 1.Make sure your dog is dry...

I have a 20 gallon fish tank and my fish are dying [ 6 Answers ]

I got a fish tank and evrything was good and my fish were having fish, and I just added water to the fish tank and just 2 days ago I notes that every time that I check my fish tank there are a lot of fish dead I want to know why?

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search