Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duncantodd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2016, 04:57 PM
    DVD boxset cases
    Does anyone know where I can get replacement dvd boxset cases - not hthe whole thing, just the outer packaging for a specific boxset?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 20, 2016, 05:18 PM
    Hmmm.. this is a very interesting question.

I would try Ebay first, but sadly I have a feeling that you'd end up finding only the complete set, and not just the outer box.

Very, very interesting question.

I'm going to do some research, see what I can find.

Any specific ones you're looking for? Knowing which ones will help a lot when I do my search, that way if I find them, I can pass the info on to you.

Nov 20, 2016, 05:47 PM
    I've tried looking on EBay but could only find complete boxsetsIt's several seasons of the TV series Supernatural I'm looking to replace the outer cases for
    Pets Expert

Nov 20, 2016, 05:49 PM
    Talked to hubby, and did some research, but I don't think I found anything that will be extremely helpful.

Hubby said to check out pawn shops that sell DVD's. You could get the box set for a good price, and then either sell the DVD's and keep the box, or keep the new set and sell yours, or keep both. That would be the cheapest option.

He did say that you could call the manufacturer and see about buying just the box for the set you're looking for, but the cost would likely be close to what you'd pay to buy a new set including the DVD's.

Sorry, wish I had a better answer.

If you figure out where to get just the box for a good price, let me know, I'd love to replace a few of ours too.
    Pets Expert

Nov 20, 2016, 05:56 PM
    I've tried looking on EBay but could only find complete boxsetsIt's several seasons of the TV series Supernatural I'm looking to replace the outer cases for
    OMG! Love love love Supernatural. It's my all time favorite show.

I think this will be hard to find since the show is still being made, and new seasons being added.

Hubby and I did find a box set season 1-9 at a garage sale a few years ago in great condition.

Are you looking for the outer box that the discs are in, or the individual disc cases?

If the insert of the disc case is still in good condition you can buy the plastic cases at many stores, but I'm sure you already know that.

The actual sleeves for each season, your best bet would be pawn shops and garage sales.

Want to add. Don't give me any spoilers for season 12. We don't have cable so we watch Supernatural on Netflix. Season 11 came out last month, and sadly we already watched all the episodes. Now we have to wait a year to see season 12. Sigh.

Nov 20, 2016, 06:15 PM
    It's just Seasons 5 to 10 - the thin cardboard type boxset cases for them have got damaged

I guess I could sell the damaged ones on EBay then get new ones or get the big boxset containing all the seasons

I wondered about contacting sellers to see if I could just buy the cases but figured they wouldn't be likely to do this
    Pets Expert

Nov 20, 2016, 06:20 PM
    Seriously, check pawn shops, we get most of our DVD's from pawn shops, always in great shape, and very affordable. Got the Indiana Jones set for $5 at a pawn shop, like new, no damage at all.

You will want to shop around for a good pawn shop though, not all are equal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

M.A.S.H Series 1-11 Boxset DVD Virtually Unplayable. [ 3 Answers ]

I have purchased this boxset but have found that the disks are virtually unplayable because they either jump forward, pause for several seconds & then jump forward or simply freeze. I have tried playing them in 3 different DVD players, including a Blu Ray player but the same thing happens. I...

DVD/CD Drive - read dvd but will not write to dvd. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guy's. I have trouble with my dvd/cd-rw combo. My laptop is a Acer TravelMate 2413LC, don't know the make and model of the dvd/cd-rw combo. It reads and writes to Cd's no problem there. But is will not write to a blanc dvd - it reads the dvd. If I put a blanc cd in it ask me what I like to...

How to Connect DVR + VCR + DVD player +DVD recorder and switch box [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I had this with maybe the dvd player and the vcr but now I'm stuck and cannot find manual for the dvd recorder. I have too many wires and too many electronics Result I would like, in the ideal world, is to have my dvd recorder to have the ability to record old VHS and DVR and other DVDs. ...

View more questions Search