Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOEDAG07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2016, 04:17 PM
    Ask a harley mechanic
    I have a 2007 road king the oil light stays on
    I have replaced the oil pump, checked the switch, checked the valves, and drained the oil pan.
    What else do you think needs to be done? I'm at a loss right now
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2016, 05:10 PM
    I emailed your question to my brother, a Harley owner for years and a long-time mechanic. Stay tuned!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2016, 05:55 PM
    From my brother --

Temporarily remove pressure switch and check oil pressure with a manual gauge to verify pressure. If it has pressure take electric gauge wire and unplug with key on (not running) and see if oil light changes when wire is not connected and then when touching ground. If no difference, check for faulty wiring. (The only thing the question doesn't state is whether you actually put oil back in the engine .... Did you???)

(More from my brother: He can do the manual gauge thing last but would hesitate to run it with no oil pressure. The wire check doesn't need it to be running.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a harley davidson mechanic for free [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Harley Road glide screaming eagle. It has a Magnetti-Marelli EFI.. I have the air cleaner off. It seems to misfire at times. I can feel this by putting my hand in front of the throttle body and you can feel this on the bike also. Any ideas? Double coil? Thanks Joe

Ask a Harley Mechanic Free [ 2 Answers ]

I have been asked by my insurance company for a copy of the Thatchum immobiliser but I have a 2014 Harley Davidson Trike that is fitted with a fatory fitted immobiliser with a tag system is this the same.

Ask a harley mechanic free [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1981 FXWG. The right front break caliper is loose. The bottom bolt will turn then stop. Is loose but will not come out. What is the trick to tightening and loosening these break calipers./

Ask a Harley Mechanic Free [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I changed the oil in my bike and when I started it up, it shot the oil fill plug across the yard and oil came out all over everything! What could be wrong? Thank you.. Cheryl

View more questions Search