Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maruseid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2016, 03:30 PM
    What keeps everything to be constant
    Since universe is expanding with an accelarated motion so what keep every revolving or rotating objects the same motion and distance?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2016, 03:41 PM
    Gravity.

from http://earthsky.org/space/expanding-universe-earth-sun --

While astronomers do believe that the universe has been expanding since the Big Bang, this expansion works on the largest of scales, the scale of the galaxies. In other words, our solar system – our sun and its family of nine planets – is not expanding.

Earth is located 150 million kilometers – about 93 million miles – or 8 light-minutes from the sun. It’s thought to have been located at this distance from the sun since our solar system was born, some four-and-a-half billion years ago. So the sun isn’t getting farther from Earth. And, likewise, our sun isn’t getting farther from other stars in our own galaxy.

Why don’t the solar system and galaxy expand, while the universe as a whole does? The solar system and galaxy are held together gravitationally. Our Milky Way galaxy is a collection of hundreds of billions of stars. It’s thought to be one of billions of galaxies in the universe.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2016, 11:04 AM
    Gravity plays the biggest part in keeping things in relative proportion. But you also need too realize that we can just barely see the end of our own solar system. A lot of the data is based on what Hubble can see in it's lens angle. When something is 100 million light years away, it will rotate but measuring expanding distance is near improbable. Except for possibly the nearest stars, thing look the same as they did to prehistoric man. Telescopes have been around for only about 400 years and it is said that the handle if the Big Dipper will look different in 50,000 years. Hmm, will man be around to record the change?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why at constant volume ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, You know Internal Energy (U) that is the total energy of a particle or a substance in chemistry. Its a fact that "Change in heat at constant volume is equal to the difference between internal energy of the reactant and the internal energy of the product." But I can't...

In order to ensure constant pressure and constant flow rate of compressed air what s [ 3 Answers ]

In order to ensure constant pressure and constant flow rate of compressed air what should we put between the compressor and end user?

Constant growth [ 0 Answers ]

Proxicam, Inc. is expected to grow at a constant rate of 7.50 percent. If the company's next dividend is $1.33 and its current price is $22.35, what is the required rate of return on this stock?

Constant need of praise [ 2 Answers ]

What is it calles when someone does the smallest favor for you, like giving you a ride or getting you something from the store, that they need constant praise for that and never lets you forget how much they do for you. And when you are in a disagreement with them they always seem to throw the...

Constant better? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 19 year old female. 5'4 and approx 115-116 lbs. Workout 7 days a week: Run every day and have a set schedule for the rest of my workout. I was quite in shape for a while but then got out of my groove for a few months and I feel horrible about the way I look right now. My Running routine is a...

View more questions Search