Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheila51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2016, 04:35 AM
    Non impacted wisdom tooth
    Hey everyone I'm suppose to have a upper left non impacted wisdom tooth removed by a oral surgeon he said it will be a surgical extraction I'm not getting why it cant be pulled like a regular tooth I'm having it done with no sedation only a local has anyone had this done and can tell me about their experience I'm very nervous
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 19, 2016, 07:17 AM
    I haven't had a wisdom tooth pulled for some years but from my professional experience know that wisdom teeth sometimes grow in irregular ways and in order not to disturb healthy teeth around it, must be surgically removed to allow the other teeth to rest naturally. If it were to be extracted the normal way, you would not be happy with the outcome and may have to have extra work and expense done in surrounding teeth in the future.

Trust the professional doing the work and ASK him questions rather then strangers.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 19, 2016, 02:36 PM
    I had all of my wisdom teeth removed by a regular dentist as mine were not impacted. The uppers came out easily, but the lowers required more than an hour each of pulling and tugging. I'd recommend an oral surgeon even if you don't have impacted teeth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone had impacted wisdom teeth that were growing sideways [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, have you experienced having impacted wisdom teeth that were growing sideways snugly right under the sinus walls? I would like to have mine removed but I'm afraid of the complications as there seems to be a lot. After reading on the internet, I'm afraid that the sinus walls would be broken after...

If a wisdom tooth isn't impacted does it need to be removed still? [ 4 Answers ]

My wisdom teeth are not impacted or anything but was wondering if they're not impacted and its just a partial eruption is it still a must to have them removed or is there a better chance I will not need them removed if its just a partial eruption...

Can pregnancy cause a tooth to crumble, wisdom tooth problems? [ 1 Answers ]

When I was pregnant with my youngest 3 years ago one of my wisdom teeth just started crumbling. Most of it came out in chucks and had no pain. My wisdom tooth was completely through when this happened. Now what was left on this side of the gums broke off the other day, still no pain. It feels like...

Wisdom teeth Impacted [ 13 Answers ]

So I went to the dentist for the first time in a few years, low and behold, all 4 wisdom teeth need to be pulled. They are impacted, just wanted to see what I can expect from this procedure. Will they put me out? Use numbing agents, laughing gas. What do the prescribe after for pain? Is it a...

Flax Seeds and Impacted Anal Glands - & why do they become impacted? [ 1 Answers ]

Can preventing a dog's stool from becoming too hard by feeding her ground up flax seed - Also work on impacted anal glands... any connection? Is there any thing one might feed a dog to prevent this from happening? Why does it happen? Thanks.:eek:

View more questions Search