Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2016, 06:05 AM
    Car Rental Agency
    Rental agency said a $2000 comprehensive deductible on State Farm car policy was unheard of. Or was she promoting the rental agency in house insurance or should the deductible be lower?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 18, 2016, 06:26 AM
    A $2K deductible is not unheard of, but it is unusual. All it means is that the policy holder is self insuring themselves for small damage.

A suspect she was promoting the in house insurance, but the point is, if there is any damage, even minor dings, the State Farm policy won't cover it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2016, 09:37 PM
    I will agree, a 2K is very high, most have 500 and about 1000 max. So with that, if you are renting a car, and showing your car insurance to cover it, The car rental company may have policy limits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does car insurance work? Declined LDW on Car Rental, Got into accident [ 8 Answers ]

I live Toronto, Canada and on MAY 8, I reserved a car with THRIFTY Car Rentals at $32 for one day and declined their LDW (loss damage waiver). They ran out of cars and gave me a Dodge minivan which was available for the same price. I used my BMO Mastercard for the car rental (which I thought...

Can a house rental agency refuse to return a deposit [ 9 Answers ]

Can a house rental agency refuse to return my deposit, I was made redundant and couldn't afford to continue with the deal

Rental Agency took rent yet is leasing out [ 1 Answers ]

I signed a one year lease with a downtown apartment complex. I decided to leave 10 months into my lease but I decided to pay ahead the last 2 months (since I knew I legally had to pay it). The apartment complex KNEW I was leaving as I gave them back the keys and let them know. I find out...

Can a car rental company deny local residence of rental? [ 10 Answers ]

Yesterday we just landed in LAX after a vacation trip. I've booked online for a car with Deluxe Car Rental. When we showed up at their counter, they said they can not rent me a car since I have a local(southern California) address. Their new policy recently changed was for out of state residence...

Collection Agency: Can they take my car [ 2 Answers ]

I am in North Dakota and my mother has received a phone call from a collection agency claiming that I owe 26,000 in private school loans from MN Dept. of Higher Education. They advised that they need immediate payment or they will take her vehicle. Can they do that? There is no money owed on...

View more questions Search