Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Nov 15, 2016, 05:40 PM
    Getting rid of the circle
    I put myself down as a new computer user.. the truth is, I'm not new but I'm
    Totally ignorant of technology. I still use a flip phone (but I do have an Ipod)
    And I won't go into windows 10 because I am comfortable with 7. I have a
    Desktop 98.2 whatever that means. Oh, I have AOL.

My problem: so often I get this circle that goes round and round and round and
    I can't stop it and I can't go to my mail or anywhere. I do control, alt, delete
    But nothing happens so I have to log off.

Do you know how I can stop this circle. It's so frustrating. Thank you.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2016, 09:29 PM
    I expect you are speaking of an icon which tells you that the process you have initiated is working, If it continues longer than expected then perhaps your computer has insufficient disk space to allow the process to execute quickly or the system you have is too old to execute new apps. Windows 10 works fine on a new machine, and I still use a flip phone because it can't be activated accidentally but I also have an Android tablet, magic, so get with the new technology. IE in the older versions no longer works so use chrome and the problem may go away
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2016, 09:31 AM
    I don't have a new machine... I heard nightmares about windows 10 but
    Perhaps your right about not having enough space. You mentioned Chrome..
    I never understood what that means.

I'm slow to understand stuff probably because I was brought up using a
    Typewriter and doing shorthand and we had one of the first televisions on the block and thought we were so cool... I didn't grow up with technical stuff... but I'm
    Trying.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 16, 2016, 09:55 AM
    Windows 10 was only a problem when new, which most new OS's are. Install it, and MS will keep it current while you sleep, and you won't have as many circles. That means your computer is working, but doesn't have enough space to load a new program. You can clear cache and cookies or just restart the computer.

Win10 is wonderful for picture loading, if you take pictures.

I recall telling you some of this before. As well as about Chrome. You don't do anything about any of it, as far as I can see.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2016, 10:38 AM
    I have windows 10, I like it...

I've used every verion of windows that has ever existed since Windows-286. Which predated Windows 3.0

Wasn't a huge fan of 8, 8.1 was better, and 10 is much better than that.

Absolutely hated VISTA.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 16, 2016, 03:45 PM
    You can still buy new computers with windows 7 on them. As far as windows 10 Im no longer a fan since the aniversery update. You might just need to clear things off of your existing computer and clean it up to get it working good again. If you do have a machine using windows 98. then it is time to stop using it as the software is no longer supported for updates.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2016, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammy23 View Post
    I don't have a new machine... I heard nightmares about windows 10 but
    Perhaps your right about not having enough space. You mentioned Chrome..
    I never understood what that means.

I'm slow to understand stuff probably because I was brought up using a
    Typewriter and doing shorthand and we had one of the first televisions on the block and thought we were so cool... I didn't grow up with technical stuff... but I'm
    Trying.
    You just have to adopt new technology, Chrome is just another browzer like IE, down load it, you can use old machines but once the operating systems are no longer supported you should move on as your machine may be very vulnerable. I have an old Vista machine, never had any problems with the operating system but this didn't stop me from buying a Windows 10 machine, newer machines have much more memory and disc space. Windows 10 conversion on an older machine may have problems but loaded new on a new machine, very good
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 21, 2016, 03:48 AM
    With every release of Windows platforms the physical requirements needed by the platform changed.

For example a Windows 3 (I actually go back much further than that) was suited for just about any computer of it, however, a computer that old would never be able to meet the needs (requirements) of a Win 10 platform. The chip speed alone would prevent Win 10 from even loading.

Before you upgrade, go to the Microsoft website and read the system requirements for Win 10, then run the MS diagnostic tool and see if your current computer is compatible with Win 10.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid from black circle under lips? [ 0 Answers ]

I am male aged 26, my lips and also under my lower lip always getting dried and chapped especially in winter season. One year ago in a winter season my lips were getting dried and chapped and with the passage of time it was arisen a black circle under my lower lip. Now since one year I have this...

Length of a tangent to a circle from a point outside the circle [ 1 Answers ]

Find the length of the tangent from a point 29cm away from the centre of a circle of radius 20cm

How can I find the area of the inner circle and the area of the large outer circle ? [ 3 Answers ]

Joe's centrepiece is a simple but very effective use of two circles and Two regular hexagons rotated to give the effect of a medieval dial. The Radius of the inner circle is 10 cm, half the length of the sides of the Regular hexagon. AC is a side of one of the hexagons and BD is a side Of the...

How do I get rid of dark circle? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I have very bad dark circle under my eyes.. could people suggest me effective ways to get rid of it.. I know it takes lot of time but is it possible? Thanks and would appreciate it.

View more questions Search