Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bchandle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2016, 02:56 PM
    Can Sears do the right thing, at least here?
    This, like many postings here, is a long story but I will endeavour to keep it short here and if it doesn't work out I'll have to rely on the court system (I'm filing in small claims court today). I purchased a rowing machine, a seemingly simple affair, online thorugh Sears several months ago. But the rowing machine never showed, so I called Sears and cancelled. About a month later, the item showed up on my doorstep (wasn't signed for). What gives? Of course, I had been charged for it. I contacted Sears immediately and asked them to issue a call tag and pick the product up and provide a refund. I was told it was delivered to far beyond the order date, so no refund could be provided. What? On July 9 I was provided a case number 4345746 and told that it was within the return period and the product would be picked up, which it was. Only I was never credited for the return. When I appealed to American Express, Sears furnished info that the rowing machine had been delivered to me so they would not reverse the charge. But what they did not disclose was that the rowing machine was picked up. Therin lay the problem. Please Sears, do the right thing here, I just want the refund for the initial purchase price, $741.41. I don't even need an apology for the dozen or so hours I've invested in resolving this. I believe part of the problem lay in that this order was fulfilled by a Sears partner--not Sears, but doing so as a partner of Sears demonstrated by the fact that they were filling an order placed on searc.com. Sears, please do the right thing here or, what? Well that's really up to you but I suppose I would be seeing you in court shortly.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 15, 2016, 03:33 PM
    I'm a bit confused by your post, not sure what advice you're asking for, seems like you just want to tell Sears to do the right thing, and sadly we're not affiliated with Sears, so your message to them on this site, will not be seen by them.

When they picked up the rowing machine did you get anything in writing to show that they had indeed picked it up, or did they just come and get it and then leave without you signing anything or getting any documentation?

This is a perfect case for small claims court, but the burden of proof will lie with you. So anything you have stating that they did indeed pick it up after it was delivered, and that it is no longer in your possession, is very important info to bring with you to court.

Good luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2016, 05:25 PM
    Sears Customer Service has monitored this site in the past. So they might see your post and contact you.

My question to you is what proof do you have that the item was picked up? Why did you not provide that proof to AMEX?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small "tunnel" like thing on shaft side of penis? White hard seed-like thing? [ 14 Answers ]

I was reading questions asked that were similar to mine, and I came across this one and it is very relevant to what I'm experiencing, so here it is: "This sounds nearly identical to my problem. I will try to explain it as well as I am able: On the shaft of my penis, there are 2 tiny holes a...

At home jobs good thing? Or a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old little girl, and a job I have had for almost 4 years. When I first found out I was pregnant my boss and I sat down and discussed my future with the company. We decided that after my maternity leave I would come back part time (20 hours) until January of 2009. I am now back...

What to do about Sears? [ 0 Answers ]

My wife and I had Sears install a central air conditioner 3 years ago that has never worked correctly. They came out at least once a year to refill the coolant and eventually put dye in the line and never found out where it leaked. This year we pretty much had to start all over again since no-one...

View more questions Search