Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pummica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Bleeding during sex, brownish discharge high stress level
    I am a women 24 year of age. I have been diagnosed with HPV about 4 months ago. I had to have cryo to remove some abnormal cells on my cervics about 3 months ago. I have had only the one abnormal pap 4 months ago. I have been taking the gardasil shots. I started birth control pills about 5 months ago and was on them for about 3.5 months. I stopped taking them about 1.5 months ago. If I would miss a pill ( only did twice) I would start my period the next day weather I had just had it a week ago or not. I would also have my period when I was supposed to. Sense I have stopped taking the pill I have been having some brownish discharge off and on. Also about a month ago I started bleeding during sex. At first it was just sometimes but now its almost every time. It usually stops right after sex and I do not really feel any pain. Sometimes maby a little tinderness with deeper penatration. I am not on any medications or Birth control at this time. I have also been under A lot of stress at my job in the last 2 months. I don't know if this could have anything to do with what is going on or not. Any Ideas?
    Noviceplaintiff Posts: 38, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pummica
    I am a women 24 year of age. I have been diagnosed with HPV about 4 months ago. I had to have cryo to remove some abnormal cells on my cervics about 3 months ago. I have had only the one abnormal pap 4 months ago. I have been taking the gardasil shots. I started birth control pills about 5 months ago and was on them for about 3.5 months. I stoped taking them about 1.5 months ago. If I would miss a pill ( only did twice) I would start my period the next day weather I had just had it a week ago or not. I would also have my period when I was supposed to. Sence I have stoped taking the pill I have been having some brownish discharge off and on. Also about a month ago I started bleeding during sex. At first it was just sometimes but now its almost every time. It usually stops right after sex and I do not really feel any pain. Sometimes maby alittle tinderness with deeper penatration. I am not on any medications or Birth control at this time. I have also been under ALOT of stress at my job in the last 2 months. I dont know if this could have anything to do with what is going on or not. Any Ideas?
    Hi,

A brownish discharge after your menstral cycle is usually indicates small amounts of old blood, if it comes from the uretha. However, it can also be associated with a veneral disease or bacterial infection. You also stated that you were placed on Gardasil after diagnosis of HPV. Gardasil is to prevent the initial establishment of HPV infections. Once you have HPV, it never goes away because it is a virus, not bacterial. You should be getting a PAP every six months until you have 3 clean / negative PAPs. Then have a PAP test yearly to make sure it doesn't develop into cervical cancer. Also, practice safe sex (i.e. condom) because you can become reinfected with HPV and it will not cause an abnormal PAP. My suggestion is to seek another GYN for advice since your first GYN placed you on Gardasil after diagnosis. Second, you need to see a competent GYN so he/ she can determine exactly what the issue is. Self diagnosis of certain women's health issues isn't advisable. And do a LOT of researching for yourself via the internet and library BEFORE you start taking medications. You have to be responsible for yourself when it comes to your health.

Let me know if this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brownish Discharge [ 6 Answers ]

Okay.. so I am a teenager and I have been somewhat sexually active lately. I have never had intercourse but I have given a few blowjobs lately. I am due for a period in probably a week or so ( I don't have that regular of a period or anything but I'm guessing) and in the past week I have had some...

Brownish discharge and cramping [ 13 Answers ]

About 2 weeks ago my boyfriend's condom broke, and since about a week ago my stomach's been cramping really bad, I been really tired, and I eat a lot more than usually. About 5 days ago when I been going to the bathroom When I wipe it's been a brownish discharge. And I was woundering what could it...

Irregular period and brownish discharge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the because pills and later changed to the patches. However, the whole reason of getting on because pills was to make my menstruations regular. I have been off the patches for some time now, and My husband and I are trying to conceive.Well, I haven't had a period for 6 or more...

Brownish discharge followed by very light bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on alesse for 2 months now. I took the first pack on time everyday for three weeks and then had unprotected sex during my period time in which I took emergency contraceptives after and then had no period. I continued taking my second pack on time as usual and now I'm in my period time...

Brownish discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I am having a brownish discharge. I have been having it off and on for about two weeks. My period should be coming within the next week. I am not presently on birth control but did take the pill about a year ago. What do you think the cause is and should I be concerned. ...

View more questions Search