Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2016, 03:21 AM
    also love the idea of Michelle Rhee as Sec Education.

She'll fit right in with the rest of that crowd.
    She did great work as Chancellor of the DC schools . I know the teacher's unions heads will collectively explode over the pick because she demands accountability and performance. What the nation needs is more choice in education ,and she took a lead in that effort before the Dems in Washington denied the parents and children of the DC schools a choice. The only better outcome than a Rhee appointment to Dept of Education would be the elimination of the whole dept all together .

Your opposition to her puts you in agreement with conservative sites like The Federalist ,Breitbart, and American Thinker .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2016, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Voting Present means he was trying to be on both sides of the fence at the same time. He can argue he didn't vote for it to the people opposed to it, and he also claim he didn't vote against it for the people who supported it.

If it wasn't good enough a NO vote would do it. All it REALLY amounts to saying was I was there at that moment.
    Not true, smoothy! Please read the link.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2016, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Your opposition to her puts you in agreement with conservative sites like The Federalist ,Breitbart, and American Thinker .
    Rhee has no love for teachers and staff:

When she taught in Baltimore, "students had national standardized test scores that were initially at the 13th percentile but at the end of two years, the class was at grade level, with some students performing at the 90th percentile." [There were questions about how this amazing changes came about. "Education expert Diane Ravitch questioned the legitimacy of Rhee's results, alleging that 'cheating, teaching to bad tests, institutionalized fraud, dumbing down of tests, and a narrowed curriculum' were the true outcomes of Rhee's tenure in D.C. schools."]

"In 2010 [as D.C. Chancellor], Rhee and the unions agreed on a new contract that offered 20 percent pay raises and bonuses of $20,000 to $30,000 for "strong student achievement," in exchange for weakened teachers' seniority protections and the end of teacher tenure for one year. Under this new agreement, Rhee fired 241 teachers, the vast majority of whom received poor evaluations, and put 737 additional school employees on notice." (all quotes from Wikipedia)
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2016, 07:29 PM
    Under this new agreement, Rhee fired 241 teachers, the vast majority of whom received poor evaluations,
    accountability sucks .

Anyway Trump picked someone instead who will really have the progressive'
    heads exploding .Excellent choice Betsy DeVos ;Take out Common Core; Take on Teachers Union; Let local folk decide..... Real Reform.
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2016, 10:27 AM
    That pay for play Clinton gig is drying up . Chelsea had better hurry up .

Foreign Donors Begin Pulling Out From Clinton Foundation | Observer
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 24, 2016, 08:55 PM
    They're all running over to Trump!
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2016, 04:44 AM
    Trump has so many conflicts of interest that can potentially cause a constitutional crisis. I don't see how the issues can be resolved unless he concedes to major liquidation . I don't even think a blind trust would work since much of his wealth is generated from name branding .

Just one example ..... foreign diplomats are rushing to book rooms in his new DC hotel . That is clearly an attempt to get on his good side .
    Expert

Nov 25, 2016, 07:04 AM
    You can bet the dems AND the "lamestream" will point all of that out Tom, in a very public way. The issue is where will repubs fall on what actions should be taken on those very obvious conflicts, AND the less obvious ones?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2016, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not true, smoothy! Please read the link.
    It is true. If you like it you vote for it, if you dislike it you vote against it. If you are trying to claim both or neither to try to suck up to both side you vote present. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... its a duck. Just like John Kerry voting for it right before he voted against it. Maybe it wasn't a famous flub and like so many other Democrats who have been voting more than once...and it did vote for it AND against it. Politicians want to have their cake and eat it too. And will write REAMS explaining how white really isn't white and black really isn't black.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2016, 03:33 AM
    More proof that the Clinton Foundation was just a pay to play scam by the Clintonoids .
    Clinton cash stops: Australian donations to Clinton Foundation over

The government should not cease it's investigation into the Clinton Family racketeering and corruption .
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2016, 04:03 AM
    You can bet the dems AND the "lamestream" will point all of that out Tom, in a very public way.
    It's already started .http://www.warren.senate.gov/files/d...Transition.pdf
    Expert

Nov 26, 2016, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    More proof that the Clinton Foundation was just a pay to play scam by the Clintonoids .
    Clinton cash stops: Australian donations to Clinton Foundation over

The government should not cease it's investigation into the Clinton Family racketeering and corruption .
    Nor should they ignore the Trump Foundation activities or those of Rudy Gulliani, or any other rich guy making money schemes, super pacs notwithstanding.

You may a well get them all under scrutiny because to think Hillary is the only corrupt politician would be rather naïve wouldn't it?
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2016, 01:58 PM
    Hillary is the MOST CORRUPT politician in American History. That's the issue. And the party who has been constantly harping to this day about Watergate.. which was really absolutely nothing should at least be keeping their own house somewhat clean.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2016, 02:05 PM
    Hillary is the MOST CORRUPT politician in American History.
    But does she grab guys' crotches?
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2016, 02:13 PM
    Nor should they ignore the Trump Foundation activities or those of Rudy Gulliani, or any other rich guy making money schemes, super pacs notwithstanding.

You may a well get them all under scrutiny because to think Hillary is the only corrupt politician would be rather naïve wouldn't it?
    of course . I'm for shining the light in all the dark corners and watching the roaches scatter .
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2016, 04:43 PM
    But does she grab guys' crotches?
    Most guys would punch that shrew out if she tried. She is a most unpleasant person to be around. That's why Bill did what he did as long as he's been doing it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2016, 05:01 PM
    Most guys would punch that shrew out if she tried. She is a most unpleasant person to be around.
    But women aren't allowed to (literally or verbally) punch out Trump. He has lotsa money.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2016, 05:39 PM
    But women aren't allowed to (literally or verbally) punch out Trump. He has lotsa money.
    Nobody is stopping them. Maybe contrary to the leftist medias opinion... they really didn't mind it at all and probably liked it. Its acceptable for women to flirt and more when they want to get ahead... nobody chastises them for doing it. Except maybe the militant feminists that nobody wants anyway.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2016, 06:04 PM
    Nobody is stopping them. Maybe contrary to the leftist medias opinion... they really didn't mind it at all and probably liked it. Its acceptable for women to flirt and more when they want to get ahead... nobody chastises them for doing it. Except maybe the militant feminists that nobody wants anyway.
    Sorry, Charlie. I've been grabbed and groped by men on buses and trains and street corners. I didn't ask for it, wasn't even hoping for it. It was quick and dirty, too fast to lash out. They disappeared as quickly as they had appeared. It ain't no fun. And who do ya call? Not Ghostbusters.... (P.S. I didn't like it, not one bit.)
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Nov 28, 2016, 01:07 PM
    I agree that groping and sexual harassment are serious problems and that perpetrators should face serious punishment but false accusations do happen. I saw a Japanese film called "I just didn't do it" about a young man who was falsely accused of groping a woman on a train and it took a five year legal battle to clear his name. The justice system in Japan is terrifying. Remaining silent and asking for a lawyer are practically considered an admission of guilt, defendants usually plead guilty even if they're innocent because there is an over 99% conviction rate if a case goes to trial, finding defendants not guilty can actually damage a judge's career. Even in Canada and the U.S. you're only innocent until proven broke and anyone accused of a sexual offense in college is usually automatically expelled without proof or the chance to defend oneself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State Filing where husband lives in PA, wife lives in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

In 2008, my husband lived and worked in PA, while I worked in PA, but lived in NJ. We would like to file jointly for our federal taxes, but are not sure how to file for the state taxes. Should I file MFS for my NJ taxes, and he file MFS for his PA taxes or should we file using another option?

1993 Dodge Dynasty [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Dodge Dynasty. I was just wondering where the water pump would be located on it? It's a 3.0 V-6. I was told by a friend of mine that I would have to pull the motor?! Just want to know where its at, and if that's true or not. Thanks.

Will choice in November 2008 be Clinton v Clinton Light? [ 22 Answers ]

WASHINGTON (AP) - Republican John McCain says he opposed President Bush's tax cuts because they didn't come with spending cuts. That is not what he said at the time. "In a presidential debate on Wednesday, McCain said he voted against the Bush tax cuts because he wanted to rein in spending. ...

Merovingian Dynasty? [ 2 Answers ]

I just found out that I am a descendant of one of the Kings of France, Childeric III. My brother found this out, and we have different moms, and some genealogist familiar with this bloodline asked him if he was me, because of my mom. Anyway, I am just trying to find out more about my heritage. If...

View more questions Search