Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moemiser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2016, 10:54 AM
    Searching for a flower
    I have been tasked with finding a certain flower and I have tried searching the internet with no luck. I am searching for a flower I am assuming is common that originates from Africa but only has one petal does anyone know what this could be?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 12, 2016, 12:04 PM
    Nope. Sorry. Tried my sources and nothing came up. I think whoever tasked you with this is pulling your leg.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2016, 12:28 PM
    I, too, have searched. Supposedly, there is a variety of one kind of flower that has only one petal, but photos show otherwise.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 12, 2016, 01:29 PM
    They might be thinking of flowers like Calla Lilies that have a specialized leaf (bract) that can look like a petal but isn't. In the Calla Lilies case, the bract is the cone shaped leaf that surrounds the center stalk of small flowers.

There are some flowers that do have a larger petal that "hides" the smaller petals. One is the flower of the Erythrina, a tropical tree (Coral Tree and Flame Tree are two common names). It has one main petal that surrounds smaller petals.

Did the person give you any other identifiers than 'one petal'?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why leaves around mussenda flower appear like flower? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the advantage of appearanceof leaves around a mussenda flower seen like flower?

Flower [ 14 Answers ]

48341 Hi folks, Can anyone identify this flower for me please?

A semi circular flower bed has perimeter 72cm. What is area of flower bed pia is 3.1 [ 1 Answers ]

What is rule regarding conversion of Diameter from cm to km

Name of flower [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, :) I was hoping that someone here could help me identify a specific flower. I have searched everywhere that I can think of but have had next to no luck. The only thing I have come up with, while searching random descriptions of the flower, is this link, Baby Brain Flower on...

View more questions Search