Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toppriyesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2016, 08:22 AM
    Immigration petition for bio father. Mother divorced 2 times.
    Child born abroad, to foreign couple. Parents Divorce when child is 3 years old.Mother re-marries US citizen in her country 2013. US citizen successfully petitions for mother and child. Child and mother now in US but mother and US husband divorces within 15 months of arrival in US in Nov 2016. While still abroad, his bio father had re-married soon after the divorce with mother 2007 and since has two children with his new wife and is still in his foreign country. Once the child becomes an adult US citizen, can he petition for his biological father? He still carries bio fathers name in all documents.If yes, can his biological father's new wife and children join as dependents? Or does he have to file separately for his stepsisters and stepbrothers.Can he file for his biological fathers wife as for stepmother?Whether the mother gets married for 3rd time or not, before he is 21 yrs old or not, does it have any effect on if child can petition for bio father or not?Mother and bio father not in touch since their divorce 2007.(Mother and child still have a conditional green card until Aug 2017). Many Thanks.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Nov 11, 2016, 12:09 PM
    Once the child becomes an adult US citizen, can he petition for his biological father?
    Yes, once he turns 21

If yes, can his biological father's new wife and children join as dependents?
    No. The Immediate Relative category (spouse, under-21 child, or parent of US citizen) cannot have derivative beneficiaries.

Or does he have to file separately for his stepsisters and stepbrothers.
    Yes, or his father/stepmother files for them after they enter the US as permanent residents.

Can he file for his biological fathers wife as for stepmother?
    Yes, if his father and stepmother marry before he turns 18, and they are still married at the time he files.

Whether the mother gets married for 3rd time or not, before he is 21 yrs old or not, does it have any effect on if child can petition for bio father or not?
    No

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extortion by bio mother upon bio father? [ 12 Answers ]

Biological mother tells Biological father must pay court-ordered child support of 25.00, she never went to court, he justbelievedher. Is this extortion, if so,what can he do about it? This was found out when she said she wanted her current husband to adopt his child. He was told she was going to...

Divorced, father has custody of child and mother found she has to pay child support [ 3 Answers ]

I just received my divorce papers and my ex wife found out she has to pay child support and now she wants custody. We signed a non contest divorce where we both agreed, she has been distant from my daughter for sometime, she has only seen our daughter 12 times n almost 2 years.

Is it appropriate for the bride to ask her father and mother (divorced) to both walk [ 3 Answers ]

My son is upset because his wife of 13 years told him she and her ex-husband will be walking her daughter (2nd marriage for daughter) down the aisle. Is this appropriate?

I am a father of a ten (10) years old. His mother fell on hard times in Jan. Of 2009. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a father of a ten (10) years old. His mother fell on hard times in Jan. of 2009. I bailed her out jail in the same month and I have had my son every since. She has since moved out of state with no contact. She has also claimed him on her taxes this year with no right to since I've had him...

Divorced, father has custody and now mother wants them back. [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I got married/divorced in Tennessee. We have three kids together, all boys, 9, 8, and 4. We got divorced July 2008. She signed over custody to me, the father, so I have physical custody and we have shared legal custody. In October 2008 I decided to move to Florida with my job. I had my...

View more questions Search