ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 11, 2016, 04:29 AM
    We still have a chance
    https://www.change.org/p/electoral-c...on-december-19
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 05:38 AM
    Do you really think that is democracy, this election isn't first past the post, it is more complex to avoid the most populous states dominating, in a democracy you.play by the rules dilliary should never have been the candidate
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2016, 06:41 AM
    Hello Scott:

Nahh.. It's OVER. The Democrats forgot who they are. They tried to out Republican the Republicans... It started 30 years ago when Reagan FIRED the Aircraft Controllers en masse, and the other unions said NOTHING..

It's time to rebuild a NEW Democratic party based on the notions of Bernie Sanders. As much as I LIKED Obama, he was just another centrist Democrat who forgot his roots.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 11:00 AM
    Even if there were enough 'faithless electors ' ,the election has to be certified by Congress . The Republicans control Congress.

Since 1887, 3 U.S.C. 15 sets the method for (Congressional) objections to electoral votes. During the Joint Session, Members of Congress may object to individual electoral votes or to state returns as a whole. An objection must be declared in writing and signed by at least one Representative and one Senator. In the case of an objection, the Joint Session recesses and each chamber considers the objection separately in a session which cannot last more than two hours with each Member speaking for no more than five minutes. After each house votes on whether or not to accept the objection, the Joint Session reconvenes and both chambers disclose their decisions. If they agree to the objection, the votes in question are not counted. If either chamber does not agree with the objection, the votes are counted.
    Electoral College Fast Facts | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Do you really think that is democracy, this election isn't first past the post, it is more complex to avoid the most populous states dominating, in a democracy you.play by the rules dilliary should never have been the candidate
    We are not a democracy . We are a Constitutional Federal Republic . A democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner .
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 03:14 PM
    We are a Constitutional Federal Republic . A democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner .
    A Constitutional Federal Republic is where the wolves have decided that they have a right to eat sheep because it says so on the constitution
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2016, 03:28 PM
    We had to suffer through 8 years of Obama... now its your turn.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2016, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    We had to suffer through 8 years of Obama... now its your turn.
    Unfortunately, you're going to suffer, too.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 04:47 PM
    A Constitutional Federal Republic is where the wolves have decided that they have a right to eat sheep because it says so on the constitution
    nope it protects the sheep's rights as well as the wolves .
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    nope it protects the sheep's rights as well as the wolves .
    Do you really think that when that constitution was written the sheep were considered? Where does it say the sheep (slaves) were free? No it is a document that allows the wolves to run free and devour what ever they will.

It protects the sheeps' rights to be eaten, penned, shorn and sold.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 05:53 PM
    Do you really think that when that constitution was written the sheep were considered? Where does it say the sheep (slaves) were free? No it is a document that allows the wolves to run free and devour what ever they will.

When you get off your high horse you can speak of slavery in Australia ,that lasted much longer than here in the States . Slavery in your democracy lasted into the 1970s.

Our founders wrote a document that guaranteed that slavery would be addressed in the country .Their compromise was that they could not end it at the time of passage so they wrote in terms that guaranteed the issue would come up at a later time .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2016, 05:58 PM

Then amendments were added to forbid slaughter, open the gates of the pens, limit shearing times, and greatly increase the market price for sheep so as to limit sales.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2016, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Unfortunately, you're going to suffer, too.
    No I'm not... anything will be an improvement over the last 8 years. Jimmy Carter would have been an improvement.

I'm sick and tired of subsidizing people out of my hard earned money who go to Starbucks every day, and have new Iphones I can't even afford.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 06:27 PM
    Then amendments were added to forbid slaughter, open the gates of the pens, limit shearing times, and greatly increase the market price for sheep so as to limit sales.
    and what good has that done for the sheep, the number of sheep has greatly increased, and sheep are no longer valued as the wolves have decided that there is a cheap race of goats not far away who will herd the sheep
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2016, 06:43 PM
    and what good has that done for the sheep, the number of sheep has greatly increased, and sheep are no longer valued as the wolves have decided that there is a cheap race of goats not far away who will herd the sheep
    I sense there's a book in here somewhere. Or a children's picture book with a morality storyline.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 06:50 PM
    I sense there's a book in here somewhere. Or a children's picture book with a morality storyline.

I think it's been already written, it's called the Big Bad Wolf and the fact is the wolf can ignore the pigs when he has sheep and goats to eat
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2016, 07:12 PM
    I think it's been already written, it's called the Big Bad Wolf and the fact is the wolf can ignore the pigs when he has sheep and goats to eat
    Does the BBW have orange hair and face? This version won't have pigs in it -- unless they are lobbyists and top donors (a plot complication).
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2016, 10:27 PM
    BBW was Half Kenyan and Half Caucasian... or from Arkansas in another incarnation... that latter of which got 25 million Dollars from the Saudi Prince recently to buy favors.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 12, 2016, 05:09 AM
    smoothy, half Kenyan doesn't go with half Causasian. One's a country and the other is a skin color.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2016, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    smoothy, half Kenyan doesn't go with half Causasian. One's a country and the other is a skin color.
    You know what I'm saying... I said that for a reason.

Name:  crimew vs who voted  hildebeast 2016.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  146.4 KB
    This explains a lot...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the chance? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister lost her child a few months ago and my husband and I, who live out of state, went and petitioned for my nephew. My sister still has rights but she has shop lifting charges and child neglect charges on her. She is saying that she will be getting him back but she is doing drugs, pot and...

Probability of 20ml of rainfall when 13ml chance is 87.7% and 16.9ml chance is 40.9% [ 5 Answers ]

Farmers in District D know when to plant and harvest because rainfall follows a particular pattern which repeats itself every seven months. Weather records for this particular area indicate a normal distribution as far as rainfall is concerned. The records further reveal that the chances of at...

Is there any chance. [ 3 Answers ]

A chance that the guy you love will love you back?I guess it's not possible.. :confused::confused:

My last chance! [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know the name of a movie from the late 70's early 80's. It was about a black family held hostage by convicts. The Father was a preacher. They beat him with the bible. The little kid had a friend and their password for help was hotdog. It had something to do with tables turning. The...

View more questions Search