Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yusf Posts: 198, Reputation: 3

Nov 8, 2016, 06:48 PM
    What does critical velocity even mean?
    Please take a look at number b. Maybe I will need help in solving this. Let me try first. But what do they even want here? What does the critical velocity mean? And is B (beta) any constant here, or is there any standard value for B?
    Attached Images

ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 9, 2016, 06:40 AM
    I don't know what they mean by "critical" velocity, but would guess that they want you to derive a formula for the velocity of the sphere. As charge leaks away the angle theta will decrease and the sphere will swing downward toward the plate - derive a formula for the velocity of the sphere as a function of time, in terms of q_0, m, and beta..

Beta is merely a constant; it does not have a particular value.
    Yusf Posts: 198, Reputation: 3

Nov 11, 2016, 07:23 PM
    Thanks for the explanation. :) now let me try my hand at this question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you find average velocity from a velocity time graph? [ 1 Answers ]

So if you we're to be given a graph with the slope, how do you find the average velocity from it? Also, what is velocity at halftime? Thanks!

Critical Thinking [ 5 Answers ]

The specifications for machined parts are given with tolerance limits. For example, if a part is to be 6.8 cm thick, with a tolerance of .01 cm, this means that the actual thickness must be at most .01 cm, greater than or less than 6.8. Between what two thicknesses is the dimension of the part...

I'm too critical [ 6 Answers ]

After an argument that led to a break up I suddenly realized that I am way to critical. My boyfriend said to me " I just can't do anything right, nothing I do is enough for you, you have something negative to say about everything I do." Then I realized that he was right. Everything he does I...

Critical thinking [ 1 Answers ]

My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl we just met, Tracy, is from the same sorority, so I don’t trust her. I do not know what fallacy this is?

View more questions Search