Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roman1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2016, 04:23 PM
    Algae growth with supplemental co2
    Hello,

We are doing a science project testing to see if it’s possible to grow more algae with supplemental co2 (brewer’s yeast, sugar and plant food), than without. Initially (1st 3 weeks) looked promising. Then something remarkable happened. The control bottle (no added co2) grew more algae than the supplemental co2 bottle. A complete reversal at about week 4. . We are trying to figure out why this would occur. Could you give some intel?

Thanks,
    Roman Nasif
    7th grader at Khalsa Montessori School
    Tucson, AZ
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2016, 02:47 PM
    You would really need to know CO2 concentrations. Even with "No added" CO2 you do have some in the ambient air. The concentration of added CO@ may inhibit growth if too much exists. Read this:

https://scienceblog.com/522/climate-...-plant-growth/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a type of algae kill a different type of algae [ 1 Answers ]

Just as the title says Can a type of algae kill a different type of algae

What is the dividend growth rate assuming constant growth? [ 0 Answers ]

Stock is currently selling for $50 the expected dividend in one period is $1.50 per share and the required return is 10%

Black algae type growth in cold water pipes [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I keep getting a build up of a black algae type growth on anything connected to my cold water tank. It doesn't happen in the kitchen tap but the bathroom sink coldwater tap, bath tap and shower head (electric mixer type) all show this growth. Can anyone advise what it is and how to stop it...

How do I calculate sustainable growth if my anticipated sales growth is 35%? [ 1 Answers ]

My anticipated profit margin is 27.1 %, my assets to equity ratio is 2.55 and asset turnover rate is 0.68.

View more questions Search