Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Nov 7, 2016, 06:32 PM
    Truck hit and Run!
    Car was stopped at intersection on red light, on farthest right lane in order to take right turn, car was inside its lane. It turned green, Suddenly a truck passed by hitting our car, those 6 wheelers huge ones and the mexican driver was driving recklessly, and irresponsibly that break the left mirror and all other people were shocked it made a loud noise. And he didn't even stop, He started speeding up and was getting away. Thank God nothing happen to us. :( We tried to Chase him. We ran behind him and he finally stopped. Then we confronted him and asked him insurance and information. He refused it and totally denied hitting our vehicle. >:-C He said if you want you can call the Cops nothing is going to happen, he said it confidently. We thought he may have or may not have his papers and driver license, Bcos we had prior experience with this kind where they didn't even had insurance and didn't had driver license too. But we still called the cops and asked his infos. Cops told him to give his infos. We got the infos and called he was driving some company's Truck so we called his insurance and reported. But the truck driver denied that he hit the car. And police said we cant do anything. :'(.
    We felt so helpless, sigh! And police let that guy go. Police car wasn't even gone that far, the truck driver gave us that 'Devilish or evil kind of smile' (as if saying you can do nothing) while passing us and waved his hand to us all the way smiling, it felt so unfair. Why people are like this. Ughh! :(
    Is there no way we can claim or get reimbursement for that damage?

[Not sure in which topic I should post it so I did in 'other law']
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2016, 06:35 PM
    If you have full coverage, let your insurance handle it.

If not, sue the truck company that owns the truck and the driver.
    The police could have written him a ticket and another ticket for leaving the scene of an accident. You contact the police department and file a complaint against the officer.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Nov 7, 2016, 06:41 PM
    @Frank,

Even though the driver is saying that he didn't do it and We don't have any evidence that it was his truck that broke our left mirror. So can we still sue or file complain?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 7, 2016, 07:11 PM
    Witnesses are your evidence. You say 'we' so that's all you need. You have copies of his info.

Now for the bad part: He broke your mirror. Not a small expense, but not worth going to small claims court and paying 50 - 100 dollar fee, even if you win it back when you win. He won't show up and you will win by default, and he won't pay you. He won't pay either way. You could sue the trucking company. I hope you got that info. If anyone took pictures, even better. The company might not show up either, but they might pay. Small claims is set up to have the defendant admit guilt and pay without going to court.

If you file with your insurance, you may find that you have a deductible. But that's what having insurance is for. It's their job to work out the fault with the other party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIt and Run [ 2 Answers ]

My friend was driving my car. We went to a club and as soon as we came back. The neighboring boys called the police that My car hit their car and we ran away. Which I don't have any knowledge about. But my friend who was driving the car claims that he never hit the car. I was tipsy and my...

City Trash Truck hit my car [ 14 Answers ]

I live in L.A county, my car was hit by a city trash truck and subsequently destroyed about a year ago. I have tried to call and receive payment, but I am now being given the run around. I am wondering if anyone else in the l.a area has had this happen to them and how long it took them to have it...

Hit and run [ 4 Answers ]

I was just in an accident, the other guy ran stop sign and ran. His bumper fell and we got his license plate, but I don't have insurance. I called the police and made a report. I gave them a copy of my expired insurance. What's going to happen?

Hit and run [ 3 Answers ]

HI While my car was parked at a shopping centre it was bumped by another vehicle,the driver of the vehicle did not leave any details,I got cctv footage from a petrol station Nearby showing the incident,this vehicle stopped at petrol station before it bumped My vehicle,I can see vehicle leave...

Car hit by garbage truck, now being ignored [ 3 Answers ]

A garbage truck hit my car in October.. I know bad luck with me and cars.. the waste management manager came out and looked at my car and said his truck didn't hit it, my neighbor saw, and I took pictures when the truck came by one day and stopped right by my car. I have left many messages and...

View more questions Search