Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2016, 08:23 AM
    Auto rotors and pads replacement
    Such much on the market, they all say OE to fit my car, 2014 travers, ceramic I think, but lots of ceramic to pick from, need rotors and pads, I like auto zone or advance auto cause they are close, how to I pick good ones with out being over priced, and I know the pads and rotors have to be compadable, OE from the dealer are very high, Albano pads they use for OE, so, how do I make a good choise, thank you for your time... richard
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2016, 09:26 AM
    Why replace the rotors? Did you run the metal backing into the rotor? Honestly, unless the rotor is scored, warped or out of tolerance, I cut the glaze with a 3M pad and pop the brake pads back in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should Rotors be changed with brake pads every time? [ 7 Answers ]

My Saab dealer tells me my rear pads are wearing down and says the rotors need to be changed out too, apparently because they cannot be "turned". What does that mean? Or is this a way for car dealers to mark up prices. I also remember my sister complaining that her VW needed the same kind of...

How to change break pads and rotors on a chevy silverado [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2006 chevy silverado crew cab 5.3L V8, and was wondering how to change the break pads and rotors? -- I have a pertty good idea but I just want to make sure I know before I start ripping it all apart.. and do slotted and drilled rotors make a difference other then the look?

'03Linc TwnCar 60k rotors/pads good but stops not smooth - pulsates esp when hot. [ 2 Answers ]

'03 Linc TwnCar w/60K rotors/pads vg but brakes pulsate when applied, esp when hot.

Resufacing rotors [ 2 Answers ]

What is the thickness specifications for resurfacing rotors?

View more questions Search