0 0%
  • Trump

6 35.29%
  • None of the Above

1 5.88%
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 9, 2016, 05:53 PM
    The Canadian Immigration website crashed for a few hours today because of the influx of applications from Americans after Donald Trump was announced the next president. I have a feeling the Canadians are the ones that will have to deliver jobs to the American people. :(
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2016, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    The Canadian Immigration website crashed for a few hours today because of the influx of applications from Americans after Donald Trump was announced the next president. I have a feeling the Canadians are the ones that will have to deliver jobs to the American people. :(
    I suggest after you Canadians tire of hearing the self important whiny people that are on their way up that think they are too important to do any actual manual labor, you send them way up north where they claim the Polar bears are starving. Tell them its sort of like feeding animals at the petting zoo. We really don't want them back.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2016, 04:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Americans are so stupid. They're just like middle school kids voting for the dumbest kid in class for school president as a joke, only they didn't think about the awful consequences for not only Dumberica but the whole world as well. Trump is promising to pull out of the Paris climate change accord, abolish the EPA, cancel Obamacare which will leave millions without insurance, cancel trade deals which would hurt the whole world, start a trade war with China and who knows what else. It's scary that the president has pretty much unilateral authority to launch a nuclear strike, not even congress or the defence secretary can stop him. There is also no hope for sensible gun laws, although CA and NV voters passed a few restrictions, he will be able to stack the supreme court with far-right judges for generations even if he only lasts one term. Shame on you America, this is bad even for you.
    Have to agree with you on some of your point . Cancelling trade deals and his apparent retreat from American global defense responsibilities is wreckless. On the other points ;pulling out of the Paris climate change accord, abolishing the EPA, canceling Obamacare are good ideas .

We already have sensible gun laws .

There is little chance another justice committed to textual/originalist intepretation of the Constitution like Scalia will ever be nominated again. It is a conservative pipe-dream that won't happen . Knowing he is Prez there is no chance that Ginsburg will retire . Unless there is a Dem elected in 4 years you know that the only way she'll leave is in a pine box. Same thing with Anthony Kennedy. Sotomayor will not retire ,and the rest of the justices are already conservative (more or less). The only other one ready to leave the bench is Thomas . So at best ,Trump will be able to replace 2 conservative justices with 2 other conservatives . The court would still be 4-4 with a swing vote. All this talk of stacking the court only applied if Hillary was elected . Had she been able to put 2 extreme lefty "the words of the constitution mean what I intend them to mean" justices then the balance would've been broken .... nice try though .

The scaremongering that went on in this election was appalling . Trump is not going to use nukes on a whim .What nonsense !! The election is over . Now we can endure with a few days of pre-organized protests and belly aching about the injustice of the electoral college system ;and waiting for Obama to pardon Hillary .

Build a wall !
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 10, 2016, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I suggest after you Canadians tire of hearing the self important whiny people that are on their way up that think they are too important to do any actual manual labor, you send them way up north where they claim the Polar bears are starving. Tell them its sort of like feeding animals at the petting zoo. We really don't want them back.
    Self important whiny people? I have many friends on both sides, both Hillary supporters and Trump supporters. All are hard working people, the only ones that I've actually seen that are being whiny are the Trump supporters, which is really sad because their candidate won!

I have not seen one post from any of my friends in the US that are Hillary supporters, disparaging Trump. They are afraid, they are worried, but they've all said that they'll hope for the best and give him a chance. Now, on the other side of the camp I've seen vile posts, posts telling colored people to get their black a$$es out of the country, they're not welcome anymore. Post telling people to shut their whiny mouths because "the fugly lost so you better start kissing our butts because we're going to make sure you pay for trying to get her into power", and worse. Yes, worse.

He won, and his supporters are by far the worst I've seen on FB. The protestors, yes, they went too far, but Trumps "people" are not the only good people in the US, and frankly I can understand why people are afraid. So are we, here in Canada. The whole world is hoping that he's not going to be as bad as he himself made himself out to be.
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2016, 10:42 PM
    Self important whiny people? I have many friends on both sides, both Hillary supporters and Trump supporters. All are hard working people, the only ones that I've actually seen that are being whiny are the Trump supporters, which is really sad because their candidate won!

I have not seen one post from any of my friends in the US that are Hillary supporters, disparaging Trump. They are afraid, they are worried, but they've all said that they'll hope for the best and give him a chance. Now, on the other side of the camp I've seen vile posts, posts telling colored people to get their black a$$es out of the country, they're not welcome anymore. Post telling people to shut their whiny mouths because "the fugly lost so you better start kissing our butts because we're going to make sure you pay for trying to get her into power", and worse. Yes, worse.

He won, and his supporters are by far the worst I've seen on FB. The protesters, yes, they went too far, but Trumps "people" are not the only good people in the US, and frankly I can understand why people are afraid. So are we, here in Canada. The whole world is hoping that he's not going to be as bad as he himself made himself out to be.

You really aren't looking too hard then, Hillary supporters are acting like criminals rioting, making terrorist threats. And its NOT the Trump supporters doing it. Hillary's minions have been rude, disparaging , making false claims since the Campaigning started, and they haven't stopped yet. Just watch the news and the Social media, Those are run by liberals and they aren't hiding it, in fact they are apparently proud to be acting like terrorists. Many will be going to jail for making death threats against Trump. And incidentally... we have had to put up with their bashing and condescending for the last 8 years, we are entitled to dish it back. After all, we had to listen to it for the last 8 years... that makes it perfectly all right for us to do it. Canadian news might not cover it, but its always been all over social media and we have had to put up with the liberal media feeding us their lies every day. They aren't journalists, they are propagandists and I actually THANK Wikileaks now for proving it, along with emails proving they are in collusion with most of the media, rigging debates, deciding what will be reported on the news, what propaganda will be disseminated to a clueless population. And its been getting worse every year. 35 years in and around DC has taught me that much.Being AFRAID, seriously now afraid of what exactly? Afraid the Rule of law will now apply again... that all of Obamas illegal Imperial Decrees will be reversed? Of what exactly?Conservatives don't RIOT,they don't loot, they don't make terroristic threats like a LOT of these protesters are doing... and its not a few. Noting here is netter than it was 8 years ago, the national debt has more than quadrupled under Obama... under Trump it can only get better.

Seriously now Alty, you know I like you a lot... but do you actually believe even half this crap and lies spread about him about him by people that saw absolutely nothing wrong with all the Crimes the Clintons have committed and finally will be tried for.

Wikileaks proved Hillary didn't even legitimately win the Democrat Primary, Saunders did. Sauders is who should have been running against Trump if the primary wasn't rigged. Wikileaks proved they were cheating and colluding with Debate "moderators" against Trump by Giving Hillary advance notice of the questions, and letting the DNC write the questions in some cases. These are the people who don't respect elections and the rule of law, not the Trump supporters.

The news media tells you THEIR version they want you to hear....they aren't legally REQUIRED to be truthful at all, or honest. They are the worst place to get any information from. CNN for example has been spreading propaganda since Desert Storm and the Gulf war and they have only gotten more bold with their lies since then. None of the rest are any different either.

Look on YouTube...there are LOTS of videos of Democrats behaving badly. there is a right to PEACEFUL protest....that right ends as soon as the violence and the death threats start. In fact death threats to a US President are very, very serious crimes. There is no right to that in any way shape or form. And Trump is the President elect so its no different than after he is sworn in.

Personally I'd like to see a law that requires the media be required to PROVE every claim they make, and suffer serious consequences if they can't. That might be a good first step to restoring some form of Integrity and honesty back into journalism...as there has been absolutely none for a very long time.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2016, 11:24 PM
    Observing from afar it seems this outcome is similar to Brexit, the older white voters had had enough and said so, and the young carry on about their lost advantages, but if you look at the votes, they didn't vote, so what right do they have to complain? Not all problems can be solved by fiddling with your phone and posting on social media, in fact no problems can be solved that way, nor can they be solved by making a nuiance of yourself carryingon about the result. The result went against the city dweller and the great unwashed student population and that is tough, really but a solution is offered get out of the city and do some real work.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Observing from afar it seems this outcome is similar to Brexit, the older white voters had had enough and said so, and the young carry on about their lost advantages, but if you look at the votes, they didn't vote, so what right do they have to complain? Not all problems can be solved by fiddling with your phone and posting on social media, in fact no problems can be solved that way, nor can they be solved by making a nuiance of yourself carryingon about the result. The result went against the city dweller and the great unwashed student population and that is tough, really but a solution is offered get out of the city and do some real work.
    yup Hillary won a plurality of the 49 % that voted . Trump won the electoral college . Bottom line ;if you look at the electoral college map ,you see the divide in the country is rural v urban ,with the suburbs being the swing vote . Trump tapped into the Ross Perot type 'low propensity voters' .

“Based on an internal analysis of our own modeling data and third-party research, and considering the exceptionalism of our candidate, I advise that we put one-hundred percent of our organizational effort into enfranchising the conventionally low propensity voters that support our candidate,” the memo from former Trump campaign staffer Matt Braynard begins.

It goes on to describe a “persistent state of disenfranchisement” for low-propensity voters and suggests that pursuing them while Trump’s opponents fight over “the same heavily tilled soil” of likely voters would be to the campaign’s ultimate advantage. “An unprecedented targeting strategy must be in sync with this unprecedented campaign,” the memo concludes.
    Trump’s Campaign Focused On Attracting Unlikely Voters, A Memo Shows | FiveThirtyEight

I'd bet that most of them don't have the time for fiddling with your phone and posting on social media. They are too busy trying to scratch out an existence in this country and see the government in Washington as a jack boot holding them down.
    It did not matter to them that Trump is a NY jetsetter . They knew him from his time on the 'Apprentice ' not as the boss that fires you (like Romney was perceived as ) ,but as one of the guys in the bar talking in a politically incorrect way . He told them what they wanted to hear ;just as Obama had the progressive masses drooling at his potential .

Will he deliver ? I doubt it . He's already lining his inner circle with Washington insiders .

Brexit ? Yeah the lib masses here in NY are calling for NYexit . Just give me a few more years so I can retire then I'm definitely NYexit from this beautiful state that the corrupt Democrat machine is running into the ground .
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You really aren't looking too hard then, Hillary supporters are acting like criminals rioting, making terrorist threats. And its NOT the Trump supporters doing it. Hillary's minions have been rude, disparaging , making false claims since the Campaigning started, and they haven't stopped yet. Just watch the news and the Social media, Those are run by liberals and they aren't hiding it, in fact they are apparently proud to be acting like terrorists. Many will be going to jail for making death threats against Trump. And incidentally... we have had to put up with their bashing and condescending for the last 8 years, we are entitled to dish it back. After all, we had to listen to it for the last 8 years... that makes it perfectly all right for us to do it. Canadian news might not cover it, but its always been all over social media and we have had to put up with the liberal media feeding us their lies every day. They aren't journalists, they are propagandists and I actually THANK Wikileaks now for proving it, along with emails proving they are in collusion with most of the media, rigging debates, deciding what will be reported on the news, what propaganda will be disseminated to a clueless population. And its been getting worse every year. 35 years in and around DC has taught me that much.Being AFRAID, seriously now afraid of what exactly? Afraid the Rule of law will now apply again... that all of Obamas illegal Imperial Decrees will be reversed? Of what exactly?Conservatives don't RIOT,they don't loot, they don't make terroristic threats like a LOT of these protesters are doing... and its not a few. Noting here is netter than it was 8 years ago, the national debt has more than quadrupled under Obama... under Trump it can only get better.

Seriously now Alty, you know I like you a lot... but do you actually believe even half this crap and lies spread about him about him by people that saw absolutely nothing wrong with all the Crimes the Clintons have committed and finally will be tried for.

Wikileaks proved Hillary didn't even legitimately win the Democrat Primary, Saunders did. Sauders is who should have been running against Trump if the primary wasn't rigged. Wikileaks proved they were cheating and colluding with Debate "moderators" against Trump by Giving Hillary advance notice of the questions, and letting the DNC write the questions in some cases. These are the people who don't respect elections and the rule of law, not the Trump supporters.

The news media tells you THEIR version they want you to hear....they aren't legally REQUIRED to be truthful at all, or honest. They are the worst place to get any information from. CNN for example has been spreading propaganda since Desert Storm and the Gulf war and they have only gotten more bold with their lies since then. None of the rest are any different either.

Look on YouTube...there are LOTS of videos of Democrats behaving badly. there is a right to PEACEFUL protest....that right ends as soon as the violence and the death threats start. In fact death threats to a US President are very, very serious crimes. There is no right to that in any way shape or form. And Trump is the President elect so its no different than after he is sworn in.

Personally I'd like to see a law that requires the media be required to PROVE every claim they make, and suffer serious consequences if they can't. That might be a good first step to restoring some form of Integrity and honesty back into journalism...as there has been absolutely none for a very long time.
    We already know from video from 'Project Veritas ' that the Clinton campaign paid agitators to disrupt Trump rallies and to make it look like they were Trump goons .
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Nov 11, 2016, 01:15 PM
    Trump ran as an outsider who cares about common, working-class people, but he's already staffing his transition team with insiders and Wall Street lobbyists. Wonder if all of the rubes who voted for him will still love him when they see that he's just another typical pro-business Republican on economic issues. Americans never learn, just like Dubya was a rich, country club guy from Connecticut and yet they fell for his common guy from Texas act.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2016, 01:25 PM
    Trump ran as an outsider who cares about common, working-class people, but he's already staffing his transition team with insiders and Wall Street lobbyists. Wonder if all of the rubes who voted for him will still love him when they see that he's just another typical pro-business Republican on economic issues. Americans never learn, just like Dubya was a rich, country club guy from Connecticut and yet they fell for his common guy from Texas act.

yeah another hopey changy President .
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2016, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    We already know from video from 'Project Veritas ' that the Clinton campaign paid agitators to disrupt Trump rallies and to make it look like they were Trump goons .
    Yes and much, much more... Stuff I've been saying about her since Bills second term is finally being proven as correct by Wiki-leaks... As much as I despise Julian Assange for what he has done in general (unlike Hillary I take the letter of the law to heart on this subject)... I also thank him for proving to the world what some of us have been called liars for saying for far too long now.

Trump has far more in common with most of us than any Clinton does. He actually works for a living, and isn't another out of touch career politician.

And W while not as nice as his father and mother were ( I know people who have worked in the White House under ALL of their terms who tell me this)... he is a SAINT compared to the Obama's and the Clinton's.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2016, 10:37 PM
    Well. The rest of the World tells us we HAVE to take illegals , Europe is told they HAVE to take illegals... they all displace people from jobs who have more of a right to them in all of those countries. Over 20 million jobs in the USA that could go to unemployed Americans. So I really don't disagree with you there.

As for as the idiots who claim they are moving to Canada... 99% of them are blowhards who won't make good on their promise. Because it means an effort and a hardship...and most of them are pansies who talk big but can't deliver because its not convenient enough for them. And for the 1% who do... will give you a tiny taste of what we have to deal with coming from our southern boarder on a daily basis. At least most of them are literate and speak the language....except for the Quebec Province. I doubt that many of them speak French. Most barely speak coherent English.

We may not be all of the world.. but we are expected to pay for most of the World. Personally I'd like to shut down all foreign Aid, disband the UN and toss them out as we pay MOST of their cost... let the rest of the countries pay the full bill for their own defense for once. Europe is in a Panic over that because they will have to take money from their excessive social programs to pay for their own defense.

As long as we have to pay the Bills or even most of them.. we have the right to have our noses in that area. Can't have one without the other. But yeah....I'm all for keeping ALL of our Money at home. Not sure how many will like paying the bills...but thats the price if thats what they want.

And to sum it up....most of us here are damn sick and tired of it too....The Democrats lost and won't face the reality of it.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2016, 06:23 AM
    I've come to the conclusion that I really don't give a crap who the next US president is. The only reason I even know about all of this is because I'm on Facebook and 9 out of ten posts for the last 6 months have been about this election, and over half of the posts for a year before that were about this election, and I got sucked into it. I don't have cable, and still all I heard about was this election. But really, why the hell would I care? I'm not American, I don't live in the US, deal with your own shyt, you're not the only country in the world.

Canada had an election not that long ago, bet the majority of you couldn't tell me who was elected without googling it. Why? Because we don't post all our dirty laundry all over the internet for the world to see, because we don't care what the rest of the world thinks, and we don't think that the rest of the world cares either. No one starts threads to predict who the next premiere of Canada will be. No one posted about Brexit here, but the US, they think everyone in the world should care about what's going on in their country. Why? You're just one country out of many. You're not any more important than any other country in the world. So why the hell do any of us care who they elected? Why? Because they post all their crap all over the internet and engage us, and then when we express an opinion they get mad, "you have no right to an opinion, you're not American". I agree, but if you don't want my opinion, stop posting all your crap all over for me and the rest of the world to see! Deal with your own country and let us deal with ours. I mean really, get over yourselves. You're not nearly as important as you think you are.

So done with all this US political shyt. Just keep it to yourselves and deal with whatever your majority decides, and stop involving the rest of the world in your dirty laundry.

So, this Landed immigrant in Canada, is so out of this conversation. The only dog I have in this fight is all the Americans that want to come here because of this vote. If our government lets them in to take our jobs, then you, I'm in the fight. But until then, your fight, your country, and I could really care less, and I would really suggest that you stop involving the entire world in your politics. You're just one country, not the world.
    I could tell you .He doesn't impress me.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2016, 08:37 PM
    Earl 237. Nov 7, 2016--You thunk WRONG! The "basket of deplorables" spoke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GOP presidential victory in 2016? [ 131 Answers ]

I think if the Republicans can convince the NM governor Susana Martinez to run, the GOP might have a chance in 2016. She is pretty and smart and clever and has an interesting ancestor and knows law enforcement and is in tune with immigration and is politically experienced and has been on both sides...

In 2016 [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing thinks Romney will be another liberal free spender like Bush was. Instead of supporting HIM for 8 years, do you think they'll let Obama win so they can run a REAL conservative in 2016? excon

AMHD American Presidential Vote - Exit Pole [ 12 Answers ]

OK so who did you vote for ? This poll is private so no names will be recorded.

Presidential poll [ 3 Answers ]

Who do you think should be president and why: a) clinton b) huckabee c) obama d) mccain e) paul f) romney g) edwards

Presidential poll [ 20 Answers ]

Who do you think should be president and why: a) clinton b) huckabee c) obama d) mccain e) paul f) romney g) edwards

View more questions Search