6 35.29%
  • None of the Above

1 5.88%
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 5, 2016, 05:04 AM
    The AMHD Presidential Poll 2016
    Who's going to win.
    Please keep things civil, this isn't the thread for rhetoric from any side..
    Results are private.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2016, 09:50 AM
    None of the above is my preference . But unless Trump pulls off an almost impossible Electoral College upset then Hillary will be the next President
    BossMan

Nov 5, 2016, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    None of the above is my preference . But unless Trump pulls off an almost impossible Electoral College upset then Hillary will be the next President
    Added that option for you.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Nov 5, 2016, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Ben, I see you changed the poll is that option for non-citizens or disgruntled American Citizens? Since it will be a private vote, you could add the option of male and female and others.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 5, 2016, 03:02 PM
    Not an American, and frankly more than a bit happy about that at the moment.

I think it will be Clinton, but sadly Trump actually stands a chance. It will be one or the other. It's like picking between two evils though. Neither of them will make a good president in my opinion.

I have many American friends on FB, and surprisingly I have friends in both camps, Clinton and Trump. They all have reasons one is more evil than the other, but they all have one thing in common, they all agree that both are evil, and that neither of them is an ideal option. It's like America is being given the choice, one evil, or the other, the devil, or the devil that wears prada. Either way they seem to be screwed.

I don't have a dog in this fight, just a bystander that sadly has some interest because 9 out of 10 posts I see on FB are about this election. Hoping that in 3 days, once the new president is elected, those posts will disappear and I'll once again get to see cute cat and dog memes, but I have a feeling that after the election there will be even more stuff about the new president. It's never ending.

Canada had an election for a new premiere not that long ago. Bet that only a handful of people could actually tell me his name without looking it up. We don't really care what the rest of the world thinks about our elections, but with the US, the whole world has to be involved. Why? They think they're that important!

So, Clinton or Trump, really makes no difference to me. If I were in the US I'd pick Clinton, then immigrate to anywhere else other than the US, because neither choice is ideal in my opinion.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2016, 03:03 PM
    Hi Tom are you aware an Australian academic has predicted a trump win, it seems it is all a matter of pure mathematics. Either appears to be a disaster for the world, it seems you can have confrontationalism at home or abroad, that's the choice
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 5, 2016, 05:56 PM
    Back to the topic at hand...
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2016, 07:32 PM
    thanks . please move my Hillary vote to none of the above . I still think she will win it because he alienates the very constituents he should be courting . As an example ,the state of Pennsylvania is a key state for him to win in order to change map .The state is solid Trump in the western part of the state . Hillary owns Philadelphia. The key to winning that state is to win the so called collar counties(the suburbs of Philadelphia) . Republicans have done well in those counties when they attract the suburban mother and the college educated women .....what used to be called "security moms" . But Trump has so alienated that electorate that they most likely will go for Hillary despite their lack of enthusiasm for her candidacy .
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2016, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Hi Tom are you aware an Australian academic has predicted a trump win, it seems it is all a matter of pure mathematics. Either appears to be a disaster for the world, it seems you can have confrontationalism at home or abroad, that's the choice
    predictions are a dime a dozen. When someone gets them right they can blow their own horn . When they get them wrong ,no one remembers .

Trump of course can win it .
    But he starts off with a huge disadvantage in the heavily urbanized states with high numbers of electors will vote for Hillary regardless . That means he has to pick up most if not all of the swing states ,and perhaps pick off one or two that are likely to vote for Clinton. Trump tried to broaden the Republican tent by taking Democrat positions on key issues. But he so alienates key constituencies(and that includes Hispanics ,and especially women .....as well as some of the Republican base like me who won't vote for a slug without any true convictions.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2016, 01:53 PM
    But he so alienates key constituencies
    I can only wish you luck on Tuesday Tom, the aftermath might not be pleasant
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2016, 02:06 AM

so far your poll is right up there with the so called scientific ones and I believe reflects what will happen tomorrow .
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 7, 2016, 12:12 PM
    The poll is rigged! Bigly!

(jk)
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Nov 7, 2016, 08:36 PM
    I'm from Canada but I really hope that Clinton will win, it's disturbing that Trump is only a few points behind in the polls. Most are predicting that Clinton will win with about 322 electoral votes and 216 for Trump. I think the popular vote will be about 48 or 49 for Clinton and 42 to 44 for Trump.
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2016, 10:27 PM
    Yep Tom just rigged it
    BossMan

Nov 9, 2016, 08:56 AM
    Well we pooched that one...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2016, 09:12 AM
    Not really, since Clinton is still ahead in the popular vote, but presidents are elected through the Electoral College.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2016, 12:17 PM
    ebaines is right . Here's the deal . The polls were flawed because they over-estimated Democrat constituent turnout . (amazing that Hillary never had rallies at college campuses trying to get the Sanders voters out ) . Then the exit polls were wrong because Trumpsters did not want to put up with the ridicule they would get when they admitted they voted for Trump. The only satisfaction I get from the results is the collective 'up yours ' the people gave to the establishment.....especially the press.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Nov 9, 2016, 01:45 PM
    Americans are so stupid. They're just like middle school kids voting for the dumbest kid in class for school president as a joke, only they didn't think about the awful consequences for not only Dumberica but the whole world as well. Trump is promising to pull out of the Paris climate change accord, abolish the EPA, cancel Obamacare which will leave millions without insurance, cancel trade deals which would hurt the whole world, start a trade war with China and who knows what else. It's scary that the president has pretty much unilateral authority to launch a nuclear strike, not even congress or the defence secretary can stop him. There is also no hope for sensible gun laws, although CA and NV voters passed a few restrictions, he will be able to stack the supreme court with far-right judges for generations even if he only lasts one term. Shame on you America, this is bad even for you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2016, 03:37 PM
    Apparently Hillary has a LOT of people completely brainwashed. She did nothing as Senator and well, her stint as Sec of State was an unmitigated disaster. We shall not forget Benghazi-gate and the 2 weeks of lies before her shrill ranting " What Difference does it make!!!!" well, the families of the four Dead Embassy staff, one including the family of the dead US Ambassador think otherwise, as do most of America. Not to mention her long, long list of crimes the Teflon queen continues to get away with due to continued blackmail that started with File-gate.

We might have been able to do better than Trump... but nobody that was ran for office this time. And Hillary certainly has a long track record of disasters and shady dealings many of which were proven true by Wikileaks... and she completely lacks any of the Charm her Husband Bill had.

Also Trump wasn't less Qualified than Obama was. At least he has run successful businesses for decades. Something neither Obama NOR Hillary have done. That actually makes him MORE qualified then either because he knows what can kill a business and what can make if flourish.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2016, 05:46 PM
    smoothy, that was yesterday Dilliary is a spent force, the left now need to find a new champion, maybe Michelle, black and female just might do it, but everyone has to take some lessons away from this, particularly that the silent majority won't stay silent forever. And Dump needs to know his hold on power is tenuous, if he doesn't deliver jobs in the rust belt he is out on his nelli

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GOP presidential victory in 2016? [ 131 Answers ]

I think if the Republicans can convince the NM governor Susana Martinez to run, the GOP might have a chance in 2016. She is pretty and smart and clever and has an interesting ancestor and knows law enforcement and is in tune with immigration and is politically experienced and has been on both sides...

In 2016 [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing thinks Romney will be another liberal free spender like Bush was. Instead of supporting HIM for 8 years, do you think they'll let Obama win so they can run a REAL conservative in 2016? excon

AMHD American Presidential Vote - Exit Pole [ 12 Answers ]

OK so who did you vote for ? This poll is private so no names will be recorded.

Presidential poll [ 3 Answers ]

Who do you think should be president and why: a) clinton b) huckabee c) obama d) mccain e) paul f) romney g) edwards

Presidential poll [ 20 Answers ]

Who do you think should be president and why: a) clinton b) huckabee c) obama d) mccain e) paul f) romney g) edwards

View more questions Search