Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brodan21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2016, 02:34 PM
    How many hours to do this work?
    Need second opinion..

Technician installed ice maker box for kitchen, installed 8 quarter turn angle valves and set Price Pfister shower trims. Installed two toilets, toilets supplied by the owner, set one owner supplied basin faucet in master bathroom.
    Installed new pedestal sink and pedestal for hall bathroom, recommend to replace faucet in hall bathroom; faucet leaks. Plumber reset shower handle, caulked trim, base of toilets and pedestal sink.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 4, 2016, 03:47 PM
    It depends, it depends... 'ice maker box' - ice maker attachment on a fridge? Shower trims - what exactly? Were the floors level under the toilets? Rusted on bolts? (Or do you mean totally new toilet locations) Old house, new house? Copper or Pex? Did you have all the supplies for the plumbing itself, or did he need to have them on hand? Had he seen the job, or did he charge by the hour?

Unless you provide a lot of details, why should any plumber here guess?
    What's the point of getting a second opinion after the fact? You hired him without a quote.

I'm just a DIYer. So I'll guess 12 hours. That would take me 100.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2016, 04:26 PM
    Difficult to say. Yesterday, I replaced an 8" spread faucet on a pedestal sink. Easy job? Well, basin was not properly hung, had to build support so basin wouldn't fall, new faucet was shorter so I had to get new riser pipes, old angle stop corroded so replaced but had to turn house water off. What should be an easy job ran 3 hours. What was the hour charge for all your work?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 4, 2016, 07:52 PM
    Depends... If he works by himself, figure between 1-2 days

Back to you

Milo
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2016, 07:53 PM
    I would have probably charged more than he did... if I knew you complained... I'd charge double the next time.

Try to negotiate, I'd turn the job down. I don't do this for a living..I do it as favors for certain friends. They trust me because I am fair and honest. I name my price....answer is yes or no.

You could get three estimates....and just remember the low one isn't always the cheapest or best nor is any of the others. Personal recommendations from friends is your best bet when possible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2016, 07:40 AM
    New sink, Running new pipe ?
    Basic guess billing of about 20 hours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work hours [ 2 Answers ]

How it looks like to work 12 hours per day is so hard to do in case your are married ?

More Hours at work, or use it to study! [ 5 Answers ]

Well I am turning 18 this Wednesday and my boss found out and long story short I am now working 2 more days a week. The thing is I am a senior in high school, and I am concerned on what I should do. Should I try working these 2 extra days when I could spend the time studying. However, I don't know...

Work my reduced hours at work or take the payout [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm not sure what to do regarding my job situation with a coworker. We both work 24 hours a week doing the same job. Our boss confronted us and said that the company was downsizing. Thus left with a decision that we either split our 24 hours and both work 12 hours a week or one could take...

Loss of hours at work [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently working a hospitality job while going through college. I applied for and have received full time hours (30+) Recently a new person has been doing the schedule. This person has made it known they don't like me personally because of my lifestyle. I have never called off work and am...

View more questions Search