Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Apr 15, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Another mystery cable!
    Okay, I asked at the local PC shop and they sorted me out with the last problem (I just had to move the pin). But now I've got another problem.. How to connect the ON button!
    I don't want to go back begging for advice at the shop again, it's not like I even buy anything from them :o

Here's a picture of the connectors:

The blue and white wires come from the ON button... but where to conect? It looks like the female connector plugs directly into the PSU but I really don't want to try that and find that it goes BANG on me! :eek:
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Apr 15, 2007, 06:44 PM
    "on Button" ? Do you mean the power switch for the tower? I am kind of skeptical. Are you sure that isn't the wires from a fan? The power switch should be more like the Two pin headers in the grey bundle shown in the bottom left of your pic.

Good Luck,
    Morrowrj
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Apr 16, 2007, 01:14 AM
    At last! :)
    Thanks Morrowrj, I think you're right. The blue and white wires are looped around the ON switch (I can't see much because the front of the case doesn't come off) and then trail off to somewhere else... just lazy wiring I guess!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mystery bug? [ 10 Answers ]

This bug/bird/insect has been flying around our butterfly bushes for the past few weeks. Any ideas on what it could be. We are stumped because it appears to be a hummingbird/butterfly type specie but up close it looks like a lobster! We would love some insight. :confused:

Mystery leak [ 1 Answers ]

Tom, check https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/leak-near-radon-vent-basement-51393.html#post240346 I figure you are the best to track down where a leak is coming from.

Mystery leak [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a water leak coming from somewhere in-or-around a toilet. It only leaks if the water supply is on. The water comes from the bottom, towards the back, where the (rear-discharge, by-the-way) drain is located. I've checked all fittings and gaskets that I know of. It appears, to me, that...

Electrical Mystery [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a new place that is about 4 years old - today I went into the water closet area in the ensuite and flicked on the fan and it suddenly went out. The light and the outlet are not working as well. The rest of the bathroom lights work as well as the bedroom lights and outlets. ...

Mystery pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have sort of plastic pipe sticking out of the ground next to the back of the house: http://www.bainite.org/images/thingy.jpg It 4" wide and sticks about 6" out of the ground. For visual reference, the black hose next to it is a soaker hose. Does anyone know what this is? We...

View more questions Search