Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2016, 07:11 AM
    Phone Line
    There is a phone line that runs down the wall. How can it be covered up? There is wood molding alongside of the cable, perhaps it can be tucked in and attached with a sort of small clip. The wall itself is drywall material, perhaps a raceway could be attached. Your suggestions
    Attached Images

donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 3, 2016, 08:16 AM
    Hi Pastor.

There are couple simple things you can do.

One is to go to a Lowe's or Home Depot and pick up a white phone cord with the RJ11 connectors. Also pick up some white cable clips that are notched for the cable.

Then simply route the wire over to the wood and attach the clips and cable to the wood.

Surprisingly, most people will not notice phone wires. It's like the human eye sees them but ignores them.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2016, 09:01 AM
    Thank You
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2016, 10:37 AM
    Or you might hit up your local home hardware store to look for these:
    3/4 Inch Wall Cable Raceway
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2016, 10:45 AM
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Or you might hit up your local home hardware store to look for these:
    3/4 Inch Wall Cable Raceway
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2016, 07:52 PM
    And of course, if one wants a larger project, dry wall can be cut, wire put behind and then patched over and repainted. Thus no wire.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2016, 04:54 AM
    Very Good

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And of course, if one wants a larger project, dry wall can be cut, wire put behind and then patched over and repainted. Thus no wire.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 4, 2016, 05:21 AM
    This Old House last night showed two kinds of crown molding (along the top of the wall) for hiding wiring.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2016, 11:41 AM
    Go to HD or Lowe's. They both carry covers, located near the cable section. They have a beige one, about 1/2" in diameter. I used it to cover some small cords. Of course, you could find another less obvious outlet and use a cordless phone.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2016, 02:25 PM
    HD also has a small channel in white with a flatside and doublestick tape? Any surface molding you use, if you caulk where it meets the wall and paint, it makes it less noticeable?
    Sometimes it may be easier to fish from the floor above, level below, or back side of wall. They also have a unit that plugs into AC outlet, plug phone line into it. Then the other module can be plugged in anywhere giving you a jack anywhere there is an AC outlet. Cordless phone? Also could remove phone jack and find phone wires runs up the inside of wall. Then add jack up top.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2016, 03:28 PM
    Wonderful Thank You
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2016, 03:49 PM
    Looking at that wall, it looks like an older house. You'd never blend in a patch that wasn't obvious, or I'd have recommended burying it in the wall. So what the others have recommended on a effort vs results basis is the best option.
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2016, 04:59 AM
    Thank You
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2016, 10:03 PM
    Is that the only jack in the house? If not, consider a cordless phone system.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2016, 05:28 AM
    What wonderful people. Real pleasure . It is cordless. The line you see is the charging station for the phone.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 22, 2016, 06:24 PM
    Found a few cool ways that could hide the cable. They look like they'd be pretty pricey, but worth checking out if you're already going to the hardware store.

Name:  AMHD1.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  27.6 KBName:  AMHD2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  55.4 KBName:  AMHD3.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  23.3 KB

As for the Jack itself, I would suggest putting a small wall table in front of it to hide it, or making a custom box to cover it that would conform to the style of the house.

Good luck. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2016, 06:26 PM
    Very good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I only have a land line phone and no cell phone how can I see when someone is calling [ 3 Answers ]

When I'm on the computer I can't receive my calls because I have dial up for my computer

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Hooking up new phone line to main phone box [ 0 Answers ]

I am hooking up a new phone jack into the "main phone line box" in my basement... need help... I will try to explain as clearly as possible... hope not to confuse everyone. General info that may be useful in answering my question: I currently have cabletelevision phone service modem etc... I...

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

Wiring a 2nd phone line into a regular phone line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. A long time ago, I had a phone jack installed in my room to be used for a 2nd phone line. Well, we shut off the 2nd phone line, so now I have a phone jack in my room that is basically out of order. I'm trying to turn it into a regular phone jack. This jack has never been a regular wired phone...

View more questions Search