Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2016, 06:31 AM
    Outdoor carpet removal
    I purchased a 1970s condo, which I am rennovating. The large concrete patio is covered in green outdoor carpet and I want to remove it and just have bare concrete. The patio is covered but not enclosed, and faces North. This ugly carpet gets wet from snow and rain and takes ages to dry, so moss grows on it.

I would rather a neutral surface that can be hosed off and swept.

I don't know what adhesive was used and haven't tried to pull it up because I am affraid of the condition od the slab. It could just peel off since it's so old, or I could be left with a mess. If the adhesive doesn't come up, how can I clean the slab?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 2, 2016, 10:52 AM
    1) First try any household cleaner like Mr Clean or whatever you have, and a long handled scrub brush with stiff bristles.
    If that doesn't work, buy a metal bristle scrub brush and try 2 then 3 below. 3 is dangerous.
    2) phosphoric acid masonry cleaner
    3) Muriatic acidhttp://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infxtra/infmur.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need padding under indoor/outdoor carpet tiles over a hardwood floor [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need padding under indoor/outdoor carpet tiles over a hardwood floor? If so what kind?

Carpet removal and other damages [ 6 Answers ]

I lived in a room in a house for less than a year on a month to month agreement. I did not receive any deposit accounting back within 30 days. Almost 90 days after I moved out I sent her a letter requesting the deposit. She replied with another letter and sent half the deposit with a bunch of...

Remove outdoor carpet glue from concrete patio [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install porcelain tile on my concrete patio. I removed the indoor outdoor carpet with no problem. Is there any way to remove the yellow/brown color glue. Tried a 4" grinder but it just makes the glue soft and makes a mess On the grinding wheel. Tried a scraper with no luck. Should I...

Remove outdoor carpet glue? [ 5 Answers ]

I have removed old indoor/outdoor carpet from a cement porch. I have removed most of the glue but am having trouble removing all of it. I have used a metal scraper and also a floor sander. The glue is about 90% gone. The cement is smooth with the glue but it looks yucky. Also there are marks...

Water removal under carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet overflowed into the carpeted hallway. What's the best way to remove water and dry out carpet without hiring a professional?

View more questions Search