Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsiegolding Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2016, 07:41 AM
    Sick Time - Redundancy
    Hi there

If you are in your last two weeks of employment and have received your redundancy notice, can you have time off sick and still receive your redundancy?

The individual does not want to risk losing their redundancy for time off sick.

Thanks
    Chelsie
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2016, 11:42 AM
    Redundancy notice? I'm guessing you are not in the USA as I've never heard that term before we call it being Laid off due a reduction in force and you might be considering what we call Severance pay. At least in the USA earned but unused vacation is owed to you, earned but unused sick leave usually isn't. If you use more sick leave than you have earned and have left, they can and will take that out of your last check, or severance if you are owed any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick time [ 4 Answers ]

I work for a large company. I have 10 sick days per year. I fell ill and needed to use a sick day. My supervisor told me that I needed to make up the time on my next scheduled day off. This doesn't seem right. What should I do?

Sandisk M2 memory card cyclic redundancy check? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have a 2GB Sandisk memory card. When I try to move the mp3s from my computer to the memory card duo I get the error "cannot copy xxxxxx: data error (cyclic redundancy check)". There is nothing wrong with the mp3s as I am able to copy them to the current memory card in my phone. ...

I want to connect 2 ADSL lines together for redundancy. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to connect 2 ADSL lines from 2 different ISPs together for redundancy. The thing is I am connected to Telkom line 4mbs ( fastest in egory) but the line keeps on cutting. Most of the time no connection... My main concern is having a line that is not breaking... I WANT CONTINUOUS CONNECTIVITY

Am I entitled to redundancy? [ 12 Answers ]

After 10 years' of two-days-a-week employment on a permanent contract the company I was working for cut my working hours and salary by half. Unable to continue on half the salary, they found me another (full-time) job within the company. This job was a 9-month fixed maternity cover contract and I...

Configure firewall redundancy on cisco 6509 [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, Good morning/evening, I have catalyst switch 6509, with two firewall service modules(FWSM) Do I need to configure any command on the switch to make the second Firewall module to work as failover for the first firewall module. Thanks for your kind responses.

View more questions Search