Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corncaking Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2016, 06:58 AM
    Does UV index always correspond to how bright the sky is?
    I know that UV index is not the same thing as brightness but it often seems that the UV index is low when it's overcast and is high when it's clear and sunny.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2016, 07:31 AM
    Hi, this may help:
    What is the UV index and how is it calculated? | HowStuffWorks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2016, 09:41 AM
    UV index, Ultra Violet Index, is basically a ratio of how much UV hits the earth, depending on where you live, and how much could hit the earth. It is typically calculated at Noon since you could have a very bright sky at 6PM with little UV Index. That is why they tell most people to stay indoors from 11-3.. Clear sky may or may not have a bearing depending on your Latitude. Living on the Equator makes a big difference over lets say, Alaska since the angle of the sun is very different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can the moon appear in the Western sky at 10am and in the Eastern sky at 10pm. [ 4 Answers ]

October 4th, 2012 my brother and I observed the Moon at 10am PST in the Western sky (our location Southern Nevada, USA). Later the same evening at 10pm PST the Moon was in the Eastern sky. How can this be possible?

Generator lights go dim and bright When I put a load on they stay bright? [ 1 Answers ]

Lights go dim than bright up and down until you put a load on and than they stay bright.

I have done B.sc and I am intrested in M.B.A Tourism what is its scope for correspond [ 0 Answers ]

I want to do mba tourism, so ii want to know about mba tourism and its scope and instution for the course

Bright light in sky March 26, 2009 12:25 AM [ 9 Answers ]

I saw a very bright streaking light in the south (south/ southwest) sky early this morning at about 12:25 am. I am located in central Nova Scotia. It was much larger and much brighter than a shooting star. It was larger enough and bright enough to catch my attention through my french doors in my...

AC and Thermostat do not correspond [ 3 Answers ]

My Rheem AC and Robertshaw 9600 prog Thermostat (both 4 yo.) are not in same temperature. Thermostat NOT programmed. I manually set 80 when not home, and 74 when home. Two weeks ago problme started. Come home, room temp at 79, I turn thermostat to 74, I hear a click indicating that set temperature...

View more questions Search