Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corncaking Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2016, 07:55 PM
    Are there meteorologists who work from home?
    Hey I was wondering if there are meteorologists (people who study the weather; not the same thing as a weatherman) who do their work at home although it seems it would be difficult
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2016, 07:58 PM
    None I know of. They would not have access to all the required resources from home.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2016, 02:32 AM
    As I understand it the chief meteorologist for WCBS 880 in NY works from home. With the Internet there is no reason he can't connect to computer models from home.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 31, 2016, 04:33 AM
    I'm in rural New England. I've seen a few folksy locals who have a way with words stand out by their barns and tell the weather each day on Facebook (without the slightest bit of equipment). They get a following, and that means they can become a public figure and sell advertising space. Not sure if they make any money, but every dime is a profit.

I ran across someone on Facebook who spins really good yarns and observations, and I and over a thousand others 'follow' his travels around the US in an RV with his dogs. People send him money when he has disasters. Plus he's a veteran, so who doesn't like a vet. And handsome, and only in his early 40s, so plenty of young women.

To my mind, a meteorologist has at least one college degree in the subject. There are plenty of very smart amateur meteorologists, but that's what they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piecework at home/ Packaging work at home or crafts work [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for a part time job as due to my GCSE I will have 3 months off after them, and I have heard of piecework which I am interested in, however I don't know what to serach for who to contact can someone help me out please as I would appreciate it. Could you please list a few manufacturers...

Legalities of neighbors to turn my water off to work in their home/cut walls to work? [ 9 Answers ]

My downstairs neighbor moved in 2 years ago. It seems like they don't realize we live in a 2 story condo not a custom home. One top another bottom. There are other questions I wish to ask as well. But first the male occupant is a handy man and has been doing lots of modifications to his home since...

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

View more questions Search