Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anmolgarg706 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2016, 01:18 AM
    Confuaion in buying a good laptop
    I want to buy a new laptop for overall performance.
    Please guide me selecting a good laptop out of the two.

https://www.flipkart.com/hp-core-i3-...MEHYH7UQQSG6WH

https://m.snapdeal.com/product/acer-...2/629540694607
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 30, 2016, 01:31 AM
    Acer has a reputation for being more rugged than HP. If your 'general use' includes a lot of being bumped around such as in a softsided satchel, consider the Acer. If your case is hard sided or you don't plan on traveling a lot, the HP may last longer.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 11, 2017, 07:44 PM
    The CPU and RAM quantity are the primary factors determining overall performance. Since both these machine have the same 4GB of RAM, the CPU alone is the deciding factor for performance. The Acer's older i5-4210U has a ~16% performance edge over the HP's i3-5005U in synthetic benchmarks but which I doubt would be noticeable in home or office use. Further, based on the info at the provided links, the Acer has two RAM slots and can be upgraded to 16GB of RAM which would yield the greatest performance improvement, where the HP only has one RAM slot. The i3's HD 5500 graphics have a slight edge over the i5's HD 4400.

So, which one did you pick?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a laptop [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 11 year old girl and I'm saving up for a laptop. And my budget is 325$ and I want a laptop to play games. But, only two games. Minecraft and Roblox. That's it. Also, I will use it to search on web and for homework. I'm turning 12 in November. So what laptop do you recommend for me. I...

Buying a laptop - for the first time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. I'm on the market for a new laptop, but as I have never bought one, I think it would be good with some advice. Basically what I'm looking for is a laptop for studying, but also medium gaming, and perhaps Photoshop. It has to be well constructed, so I can take it with me without having...

Buying a red laptop for my girlfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I will be leaving town for army training a while. Want to buy my girlfriend a laptop before I leave. I know she needs one, but she can't afford it. When I went to future shop with her, she was playing around with a red laptop. That’s her favourite color. I really don't know much...

Buying a laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I need a laptop for internet surfing, email and writing letter and saw one online that has this configuration and want to be sure if I would be able to connect to internet with DLS THROUGH PHONE LINE. THANKS Intel pentium 3 800mhz 256MB RAM 20GB hard drive CDROM DRIVE Network 10/100 Modem...

Buying a New Laptop: Europe or USA? PC or MAC? [ 1 Answers ]

The time has come! I have to get a new laptop. I have two questions I'm hoping you can help me to answer. 1) windows or mac? I've always used windows. Most people use windows. All of my programs and whatever else is on my (almost completely dead) windows PC. But mac people swear by their...

View more questions Search