Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimsalan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2016, 10:13 AM
    Twitching eye and lockjaw
    My eye has been twitching all the time. Since the twitching started my jaw also keeps locking. Most if the time my eye will be twitching, my teeth will start to grind and while my teeth are grinding my jaw will start to lock up. What is going on with me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2016, 10:47 AM
    Is there any pain?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 28, 2016, 01:21 PM
    There are some common conditions involving the nerves of the face that affect the eyes or jaw or both. It can even be simple stress.

The trigeminal nerve is 3 separate branches - forehead/eye region, cheek and upper lip, and lower jaw, which join together as they travel back to the brain.
    Trigeminal neuralgia always involves PAIN, but there are countless other conditions that can affect the nerves in the face.

See a dentist, for starters.

Check this out for another possibility:
    Mouth or Jaw Dystonia (Oromandibular)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2016, 02:11 PM
    I'd have immediately gone to a doctor if I experienced those symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrist and eye twitching [ 0 Answers ]

My wrist, hand and both eyes have been twitching like crazy lately. I get tingling in my arm, hand and wrist. My arm and hand falls a sleep fast. I've rested my hand and wrist. Wrapped it. Iced it. Heated it. What is wrong with me and what should I do?

My right eye keep twitching. [ 4 Answers ]

These couple days, my right eye keeping twitching, and is very annoying. My friend tole me that it means I will have either good news or bad news. Is that true ?

Eye keeps twitching and small bump under eyebrow bone [ 1 Answers ]

My right eye keeps twitching, it happens at random times during the day every day. I also have a small bump on the bone surrounding that eye the bump doesn't hurt but the eye twitching is very annoying is there anything I can do to stop it.

Have a goat with bulging and twitching eye with its head turned to the left [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goat with the about symptoms and is also not standing and has muscle twitching through out his body, what does he have? Is it possible that it's nutrition related?

Twitching of eye [ 4 Answers ]

I'm curious to know why my left eye twitches. It only twitches in the upper left corner like a little muscle spasm with no pain. It's been happening for about 5 days now off and on. I'm guessing I need a vacation?? :confused::o:):D

View more questions Search