Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dessy244 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2016, 12:20 PM
    Help
    So I was spotting 5 days leading up to my period which was supposed to been have started yesterday and today still nothing.I was cramping, nauseated, breast was tender,lower abdominal pain and back pain but now it stopped.Could I be pregnant.I took a home pregnancy test but it was negative well it was every faint and had to be in the light to see it and it did show within 4 minutes.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2016, 02:29 PM
    At this point, 1 day late, a home pregnancy test would most likely not show positive. Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone produced during pregnancy and typically takes 7-10 days after a missed period to show positive at the minimum test level.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2016, 02:32 PM
    Pregnancy is a possibility, but cycles can be off now and then.

Give it a few more days to see if your period is just late this cycle. If you need to try another test, it helps to use first morning urine, or at least be sure to avoid using the toilet for a few hours prior if you test later in the day. Follow the directions carefully on whichever test you use.
    If still unsure, you can always see your doctor and ask about having a blood test done.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2016, 07:01 PM
    I agree, one day is not considered "late" With about 9 more days, and try testing again. Always use the first urine of the day for best testing
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Oct 28, 2016, 02:36 PM
    Sounds like you could be. Take a test again in few days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search