Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Halloween58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2016, 05:05 PM
    Wiring a 5 wire OFM correctly with CPL130433-01 Defrost board?
    Last June I bought an old house; last winter I noticed the outside unit freezing up- defrost cycle not working. I recently purchased a new board (CEPL130433-01) and downloaded the connection diagram. Some further investigation revealed that modifications have been made. The diagram shows a 3 wire condenser fan motor, but I have a 5 wire installed. My problem is that the defrost timer has only one wire connected to it (OF1) coming from a pressure switch (VPS) and there to the contactor. The fan motor (black wire) is not connected (OF2), but hooked up to the contactor also. The reversing valve wires have been cut and some are now connected to the wire to the indoor unit. Obviously, the defrost has been circumvented to get the cooling to work. Don't know if I have a bad reversing valve or a bad board or it has been wrongly connected. I have 2 caps- 1 5mfd cap for the fan and a separate dual cap 40mfd for the condenser. The fan side is not connected. I have searched high and low for the correct setup, but have not been successful with this particular setup. Can you help me with the correct setup?

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem defrost board [ 3 Answers ]

I am working on a rheem heat pump. I have replaced the board and the defrost sensor, I can jump the test pins an the unit goes into defrost and jumps right back out.. (I did this 3 days ago when it was 65 degrees outside.) You would think that the unit is working correctly. BUT, it is sitting here...

How do I test a defrost board [ 3 Answers ]

I a 10 year Ruud heat pump UPMC-036JAZ condenser that has no 24v signal at the contactor. The compressor and fan work when I depress the contactor. My defrost board is a Rheem 47-21517-11. Can someone tell me what voltages should be at what terminals when the T-stat is calling for heat? ...

Voltage at Defrost Board [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my A/C and Heat are working correctly after I replaced a faulty defrost board. However I noticed that when I test voltage on all the wires coming from the air handler (yellow, red, green, etc.. ) at the defrost board, I'm only reading ~5.3V. The defrost board says "24V AC". I can test...

All is wired up but not the white wire on the defrost board on the unit. [ 1 Answers ]

Wiring up the out side package unit by nordyne 2.5

Defrost control board [ 1 Answers ]

Last winter the heat wasn’t keeping up with the set temp, the outside fan came on, but the compressor would not start, you could hear it trying to start but it wouldn’t come on. The tech said the compressor was short cycling, and it was now "locked up", they put in a new compressor (part was cov’d...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.