Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karinnaka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2016, 02:30 AM
    Blurry vision
    I am 20 and I have recentlly attended an eye test and my doctor said my vision is fine, but I have vertigo too for which I am taking medicine regularely,
    Now, my eye vision is really bad, its really blurry and I cannot read or focus on something or people for more then meretes away, I feel like it is getting worse, but then there are days when my vision is fine.
    Why is this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 25, 2016, 04:05 AM
    Medical questions rarely can be answered online. A doctor needs to examine all of you, not just the symptoms you describe, and your history, and family history, and where you live for the types of conditions that are common there, your diet, and so on. We don't even know what kind of doctor you saw, or what the eye test was.

My suggestion is to talk to your medical doctor about the vertigo medicine possibly being related to the blurry vision. There are many drugs that do cause vision problems. You might want to discuss stopping it for 2 months to see if your vision improves. It's also possible that you have another problem that is causing both the vertigo and the blurry vision. I won't begin to guess what that could be, but it's worth looking into. Tests could be expensive, such as scans of the blood vessels in your head. Common conditions such as migraine headaches cause blurry vision. Not all of this is easy for medicine to sort out, and some of it isn't fully understood.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2016, 09:41 AM
    You need to see your regular doctor about this. As joypulv mentioned, it could be side effects of medication or it could be symptoms of another yet diagnosed problem.

Also..an Optician is not the same as an optometrist or ophthalmologist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blurry vision and migraines [ 2 Answers ]

I will be fine all day then all of a sudden I get a blurry spot in my eyes and after a little bit it starts to spread causing me to lose my peripheral vision. I then get migraines which cause me to get very naseuous and throw up. It goes away after about an hour or so... any ideas what this could...

I have blurry vision, do I have a concussion? [ 1 Answers ]

I fell down (passed out) and received a big bump on the back of my head. Everything was fine for the first couple of days besides a little issue with my balance and memory. Now both are up to par but I have blurry (double) vision. I used to be able to read normal text without issue, now I cannot...

I am having extremely blurry vision in my right eye, and some pain in right hand. [ 1 Answers ]

I am Having extremely blurry vision in my right eye, and occasional pain in right hand. Can you tell me what this is? Should I be worried? I am a female, 41 years old.

Light headed/blurry vision [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why I am always light headed and stagger a lot plus I have blurry vision bit I feel fine laying down when I get up I am dizzy and stagger all over again . This is constant every day some are worse than other days Thanks

40 weeks pregnant with blurry vision [ 3 Answers ]

I am 40 weeks pregnant and for the last 4 days I have had blurry vision it comes and goes, what could this be?

View more questions Search