Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ernietsg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2016, 07:44 AM
    New battery in remote and still having issues engaging door opener
    The distance between remote and door opener has progressively gotten shorter until now it is only intermittently working even standing under the door opener. I've replaced the battery twice now; the first time made little or no change but it was still working if you were wishing about 25 ft. I suspect that the battery is not the issue but rather the receiver on the door opener. Is there any adjustment, cleaning, contacts, etc. that can correct the problem? There is an external power supply transformer and an antenna as well that might be the issue? Any suggestions appreciated.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2016, 08:31 PM
    Are you capable of simple troubleshooting?
    1. Can you check the voltages of the transformer, both input and output?
    2. If those are in order then check antenna connections.
    3. Reprogram your remote.
    4. Replace the remote.
    5. Replace the receiver.
    Troubleshooting is simple... what you can't fix you need to replace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misplaced Garage Door Remote Opener [ 3 Answers ]

I have NO way of entering my garage without my remote (NO side access doors, NO windows, etc.). My remote was misplaced by my son-in-law. I do not know the type of garage door opener either. How can I get into my garage and how do I learn how to replace the remote control? I greatly appreciate your...

Garage door opener remote won't open the door [ 1 Answers ]

My remote won't open the garage door. Wall mount will open the door, but continues to blink. Suggestions

Garage door remote opener [ 1 Answers ]

My door opens about two feet and then stops.but will open all the way with the wall opener.

Electric remote for garage door opener [ 4 Answers ]

My garage door opener doesn't work. The wiring is inside the wall and to fix it I would have to tear out a section of the garage wall. I'd have to call an electrician. So I've been using the remote in my car, but it's a bother. I bought another remote from ACE hardware just like it but apparently...

Remote garage door opener [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a home with a Craftsman remote garage door opener that is outside the garage. Model # 139.53876 with push bottons 1-0 (no # and no *). I know the old four code number but need to know how to change the code with a new code number.

View more questions Search