Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hol Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2016, 05:58 AM
    Exterior door
    I'm in the process of buying a house it has a enclosed breeze way that only has a storm door. I want to put a entry locking door their along with the storm door it does that have a door frame on it how do I go about doing this?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2016, 07:38 AM
    You have 2 ways. If the opening is already framed with a standard finished opening, buy a slab door and fit it. Otherwise, buy a complete door with jamb and sill and fit it. Exterior doors are 36" and 32".You Tube has lots of door videos.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2016, 06:15 AM
    If using a slab door it should be solid core with three hinges. It might be easier to install a totally new set up prehung. The rough opening should be 1 inch larger then the prehung unit.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

pait exterior door [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of paint to use for exterior fiberglass door

Waterproof an exterior door [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I have a door at my home that I need to make watertight. It's an outside wood door and twice in the last year there has been a lot of rain & caused about one foot deep water in my back yard for a couple of hours. Does someone know what would be a good procedure? Any help would be greatly...

Should an exterior door have a taper? [ 1 Answers ]

I never noticed until I started trying to weatherstrip my front door, but it appears the door once had a taper to it. That is, the width of the interior face of the door (hinge side to latch side) is about 1/8" wider than the exterior face. Unfortunately, over the years, people have tried trimming...

Fiberglass Exterior Door [ 1 Answers ]

Advice needed... What kind of paint should I paint my door with? Is a water based paint.. okay to use? Where can I read step by step how to paint a fiberglass smooth exterior door? Thank you

32 exterior door [ 10 Answers ]

Hello All, I scored an awesome deal the other day. I bought an 32 in exterior door, got it home and realized it is a 6 1/2 jamb for a 2x6 opening. I have 2x4 framing. So I need to make this fit. Where can I get another 2 inches at ? Should I rip cut a couple of 2x4's and add to the...

View more questions Search