Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melanieann98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2016, 03:19 AM
    Daughter isn't talking to me
    My daughter two weeks ago had a huge fight with me because I refused to take her to get a tattoo. She said she hates me I'm not a mother and I treated her like for seventeen years. I always supported her got her whatever she wanted. I worked a lot but that's because I had to. I'm very hurt she says she's done with me
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 19, 2016, 04:26 AM
    She is upset because she didn't get what she wanted. Clearly very spoiled. You are the adult in this situation though, handle it like an adult and not down on her own immature level. Initiate tough love and get over it.

Clearly you do not have a question though.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2016, 04:44 AM
    She going to be in for a rude awakening when she has to get a job and pay her own way in life for a change in a very short time. I'd tell her as long as you are under my roof you will follow my rules. When you are 18 get a real job and are able to get your own place and pay your own bills, then you can do what you can afford to do. It will rarely be what you WANT to do. I agree she's as spoiled as she is clueless. And acting more like a child than an adult she will soon be.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Oct 19, 2016, 06:57 AM
    It is always a bitter pill, when you have a youngster starting to flap their wings, and it gets to the point when they say hurtful things. Things they will learn to regret later on. Stand your ground. It won't be easy but life is never easy and the young one will one day realize you were right. They may even say, Mom you were right.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 19, 2016, 07:57 AM
    If the spoiled little brat has the audacity to be mad, you either A) give her a legitimate reason to be mad, or B) ignore her back.

C) A and B!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 19, 2016, 08:16 AM
    If she is done with you, then you are done with her. She now makes her own meals, does her own laundry, buys her own food and personal items, etc. Now let's see how done with you she really is.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2016, 08:18 AM
    We have a saying for her current behavior... one she will regret after she gains some actual maturity and grasps how much like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum it really is..

Some are, "Open mouth...insert foot." or "Please engage brain before putting mouth in gear"

Or as have EVERY parent I have ever known has said. They get their revenge for every stupid and ignorant thing their child has ever done... when they become grandparents and their kids have to experience every one of them for themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend isn't talking to me. [ 14 Answers ]

So, we have been doing fine, until, today he hasn't talked to me, because his phone died. He refused to talk to me on the phone, physically. When, I told him to call me when he's ready, he replied with "k?". Then later, I sent him a text saying "So... You're not going to call me." and he replied...

My boyfriend isn't talking to me? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been going out with this guy about 10months we were all sparks from the beginning always talkd everyday and so on but in the past few months it started changing we talked less because he is always busy, commitments as he is Mormon and we get into little fights about the same thing over and...

Daughter is talking with ghost. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Fl and I have a 16 year old daughter who believes she has a ghost friend and he follows her talks with her interacts with her and is her age... now I believe in spirits and paranormal and such but I find it hard to believe a ghost can be around all the time and interact with her all...

My 3yr old isn't talking clear [ 1 Answers ]

My 3yr old doesn't talk clear due to bad ear infections. After he got tubes put in both ears, he is more verbal but his speech still isn't clear. I do flash cards with him to expand his vocabulary and he is on the waiting list for speech therepy. I don't want to push him because he is doing great...

Talking to daughter about my past.what's appropriate? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been struggling with this for a while now, and I am interested to hear the opinions of other moms. I am quite sure I can't be alone in this. Let me just explain, for context, that I was a very different person in my youth, back before I married and had children. I am sure many others can...

View more questions Search