Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonyxe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2016, 07:12 PM
    Car won't start or turn over
    Hi there... my issue is that my car won't turn over or show any signs that there is power other than the fact that the headlights still work... I checked the battery and there is 12.5v charge coming from it... bad starter?

It is a 2004 Toyota echo if that helps...
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 19, 2016, 12:55 PM
    Have the battery more fully tested and recharge if possible.
    Just because there is enough left in the battery to light the lights doesn't mean there is enough to engage the starter.
    jasonyxe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2016, 05:08 PM
    I have tried boosting it
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 19, 2016, 07:17 PM
    There may be more to your car than we know. Get it to a trusted shop and have them verify the engine is OK and the starting system is all working properly.
    Let us know what they find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

74 chevy truck will turn over but won't start. Will start with starter fluid but won't [ 1 Answers ]

My 74 chevy pickup sat over the winter and now it won't start. I was running just fine before I let it sit. It turns over but won't start. If I use starter fluid, it will start but won't stay running. I don't smell gas in the carb either. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump or the filter. Problem...

My car won't start unless I turn off the radio and AC. [ 1 Answers ]

Chrysler Town and Country 2009 31000 miles and it started having issues starting. We got a new battery and it seem to be OK for 2 dys then started having issues such that it only starts if you turn off AC and radio. It will click but that is otherwise. The dealer says alternator and starter OK. Why...

My car won't start, eletricals all work, but car doesn't even try to turn over. [ 1 Answers ]

My car has never had any trouble starting. I came out of work yesterday where it was very cold and I put my key in my ignition and then pushed in the clutch fully and turned the key. All the electrical stuff like radio, dash, and lights all work, but the car wouldn't even try to turn over. I heard...

View more questions Search