Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RatMama20 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2016, 06:44 PM
    Asus X553SA Problem
    This is not my computer, but a friend's.
    This laptop had an update but when it would do the update it would turn to a black screen with the turny icon, and stayed this way for a good 17 hours. She held the power button and turned it back on again and when she was able to get back in to her computer no files responded to her, so she put everything on a flash drive and factory reset it. Today when she went to reinstall everything it took forever to log in, and when it finally did everything was slow. Any ideas?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 14, 2017, 02:30 AM
    How long did the factory reset take?

Doing a factory reset was excessive without first uninstalling and re-attempting the update and also verifying the system's storage device (hard drive?) with the device manufacturer's diagnostic software available on their website. If a system is sluggish and unresponsive to input and there is no software causing high CPU utilization, often there is a hardware issue somewhere. With a laptop, the easily replaceable and tested components are drives and memory. CPU fan failure or blocked airflow can also hobble performance. Reinstalling software via a factory reset will not remedy faulty or failing hardware.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asus help desk [ 2 Answers ]

Frequently when I am typing on my laptop, my cursor will jump into another paragraph or sentence. This is very annoying when I am typing a paper for work or school. Please let me know what I can do with my laptop to stop this from happening. Thanks

Asus eeepc 8g/xp [ 0 Answers ]

When searching display properties, the windos is too large and will not scroll up enough to see the bottom edge

Problem with sound on asus very low sound [ 3 Answers ]

The sound on my asus is very low

Laptop asus [ 1 Answers ]

I was about to plug my speaker into my laptop I put the speaker port into the usb port I didn't push it in and it crashed and now the laptop won't go on! I didn't have to pull the cord out or anything like that it wasn't even in the usb section it lightly touched it now nothing the laptop won't...

My relatively new ASUS PC not recognizing CD [ 1 Answers ]

My relatively new ASUS PC with Windows Vista won't recognize a CD when I put it in So how can I correct that?

View more questions Search