Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rad65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2016, 02:46 PM
    Ac hvac fan
    Hello, found this site and I'm hoping you can help me.
    I have an old Rheem central AC unit that is currently not working due to the outside fan only works for a few seconds then stops. I changed the fan motor about 2 months ago and worked liked new till now.Im not an AC guy by any means, you tube happened to have exact problem that I have 2 months ago but I cant seem to find a solution on this current problem. I didn't change the capacitor last time because I was told by a store guy that checked it that it is still good, I'm hoping its just the capacitor. Thanks in advance for the help.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 17, 2016, 04:06 PM
    No expert here but I would suggest that you disconnect the fan wiring from contactor and connect directly to a source of power. Sounds more like a loose connection than the capacitor.
    rad65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2016, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    No expert here but I would suggest that you disconnect the fan wiring from contactor and connect directly to a source of power. Sounds more like a loose connection than the capacitor.
    OK thanks, ill try to do that tomorrow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to re purpose an exterior hvac fan to make regular fan? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to re use repurpose an exterior hvac fan. There are three wire from the fan motor. One gray, black and blue. How can I wire this fan to a regular cord to plug into a receptacle? I understand the need to have a cage etc around the blades...

Hvac condenser fan [ 0 Answers ]

Help wiring for new condenser motor

Why does my hvac fan keep running? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older, central H&A system with a fan that won't stop running. Heat & air both work fine, but once the house gets to the right temp, the unit will cycle off but the fan keeps running regardless of whether the fan is switched to "on" or "auto". Many times the fan will stay on for up to 4...

Outside fan in HVAC Unit [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the HVAC unit on, it effectively cools the house. After a few hours, however, I notice that the fan in the outside unit has stopped running. The air handler continues to operate, but there is no cooling anymore. If I turn off the system, wait an hour and start it, the outside fan...

View more questions Search