Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gkilsdonk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2016, 01:11 PM
    vibration sensor - low voltage
    I'm building a Kaleidoscope with internal lighting. I have the lighting worked out with a manual switch, but I would prefer it to turn on with a sensor that detects that the kaleidoscope has been picked up. The light should stay on for 2 to 3 min. and go off when there is no activity for 2 to 3 min. Can you recommend a vibration sensor module or something else that will do this? Criteria: Cheap; very small (.75in cube or smaller); it will run on a 3v lithium button bat and power 1 LED bulb. Hopefully it will only use power when activated.

Check out some similar questions!

CHALLENGING QUESTION: Low-voltage switch in a high-voltage circuit? [ 6 Answers ]

A project I'm working on has an air pump and a water pump that run during operation. When the water tank that the water pump draws from becomes empty, a liquid level switch will be used to shut off both pumps. The original plan was to just place the switch in series with the power supply for...

I have low voltage one one of the 120 line of a 240 voltage supply why? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 240 supply coming from my supplier. 3 wires 120 volts , 120 volts, and neutral. As soon as I turn on my breaker one of the 120 line goes low to something like 65 volts and the other lines goes high to 170 volts. Why is that?

Low Voltage Photo Sensor [ 6 Answers ]

I have a low voltage (12V) address plaque that I want to install with a down to dusk photo sensor but I am having a difficult time finding it. Any ideas? Thank You Brad Willyerd

Halogen - line voltage (120v) or low voltage (12v) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I am renovating the kitchen and plan to install small halogen MR16 ceiling pot lights. Contrast and Lightolier have been recommended. At least, the Contrast line is available with either line or low voltage feeds. These questions come up as the plan calls for 9x35w MR16 (ceiling pot...

Track lights: low voltage vs line voltage.comsume the same electricity in the end? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! I just installed a section of track light in my living room just to see what it would look like and so far I'm not convinced... you see, I had a regular celing lamp with a 75w incandescent bulb and the room was very well lit... now with the track light I find that I need 3 fixtures with halogen...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.